Position: Digital Marketing Internship
Start Date: May 1, 2023 or earlier
Internship Length: 4-6 months
Location: Remote with optional in person events (Boston/Cambridge, MA)
Who We Are:
The Capital Network (TCN) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that provides practical, hands-on education and personalized mentoring to help early-stage entrepreneurs master the entire funding process to successfully raise seed capital & beyond. We believe in:
- The power of community – We understand the value of community as an antidote to the loneliness and confusion of being a first time founder trying to raise venture capital. We believe that networking is circular; in order to build a robust network, we must seek help from mentors when we need it and in turn lift one another up whenever we're able.
- Financial autonomy – We believe that founders know their businesses best. We strive to keep financial power and decision-making in the hands of founders.
- Authenticity – Instead of changing themselves to fit the mold that investors are seeking, we believe in protecting, cultivating, and encouraging the things that make each founder unique.
- Open-minded, yet grounded – We welcome new perspectives, understanding that having imperfect conversations is better than avoiding necessary conversations. We're dedicated to continually learning and striving to make a positive impact, ignited by our unwavering vision for a better funding ecosystem.
Who You Are:
- Outlook: Have a positive attitude and a genuine desire to help and learn!
- Adaptable: Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and comfortable with independent work and trial & error.
- Efficient: Must be willing to try, test, and use new tech/SaaS products to make our work more efficient.
- Organized: This is key! Able to juggle multiple responsibilities while prioritizing and managing your time ruthlessly.
- Communicative: It's ok to be shy! Must love working in a small team and be a clear and friendly communicator.
What We Offer Our Interns:
- Hands-on experience (you won't be getting us coffee!)
- Assistance in procuring college credit.
- Professional reference, testimonial, and connections.
- Flexible working hours.
- Ability to work remotely.
About the Position:
The Digital Marketing Intern position is a unique internship opportunity to get involved in the startup ecosystem and interact with some of the most active investors, entrepreneurs, accelerators, and community organizations in Boston and beyond. You will be supporting the Fellowship Associate in creating and implementing The Capital Network's marketing strategy with regards to our social media presence, newsletters, and website.
This is a full-time position with flexible days/times (if the start date is before the end of the Spring semester, it will be part-time until Summer break begins). We provide a small stipend for full-time summer interns, but many universities also have robust stipend/payment programs for students – make sure to check with your university to see if this is an option for you!
The Capital Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Assisting with creation & execution of The Capital Network's marketing strategy.
- Managing The Capital Network's social media accounts (Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook), including creating content, creating promotional images, maintaining and curating relevant resources and events to share, etc.
- Curating and creating the content in The Capital Network's weekly newsletter.
- Performing periodic analyses of The Capital Network's social media, newsletter, & website data regarding engagement and other relevant metrics.
- Communicating with various members of The Capital Network's community to retrieve quotes, images, or other information as needed.
- Updating The Capital Network website as needed.
- Promoting The Capital Network events on community calendars and other external marketing channels.
- Past marketing internship or employment and/or marketing course(s) and/or other relevant marketing experience strongly suggested.
- Social media management & Squarespace skills are a plus but not required.
- Some experience planning events and/or building communities is a plus but not required.
Hi there! See yourself in some of these qualifiers but not all of them? That's ok – apply anyway and we can chat about it!
How to Apply:
Please email Jobs@TheCapitalNetwork.org your resume and a one-page cover letter telling us about yourself by answering the following questions:
- Why Us & Why Startups: Tell us why you want to work with startups, and why at The Capital Network in particular.
- Why You: Tell us what YOU would bring to this role.
- Our Communications & Marketing: Take a look at our website OR social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook posts). What would you do to improve how we communicate?
Please be sure that your cover letter is no longer than one single page. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Thank you for your interest, we look forward to receiving your application!