Well Done provides strategic and integrated marketing solutions for clients who share our goal of making the world a better place. Whether it’s health care, education, energy, the public sector, or something else, as long as it’s championing a better tomorrow, we consider it a privilege to rally around it.
As a copywriter at Well Done, you’ll be responsible for coming up with compelling ideas, finding the right words, and bringing those ideas to life. You’ll need a strong understanding of copywriting in various formats including print, digital, experiential, social, video, radio, and other mediums where you find pretty words.
You’ll also be expected to work well with others—because teamwork makes the dream work, right? Art director(s), creative director(s), office dog(s), and our clients will all be counting on your powerful brain, which is a pretty special thing.
Why Well Done?
We know we’re only as good as the people we surround ourselves with, which is why we make sure our employees know they’re valued. We offer:
- Market adjusted salaries
- Flexible PTO
- Home office stipend
- Robust health and medical plan
- Annual wellness stipend
- Annual professional development stipend
- 401K plan with a 4% match effective day one
We’re committed to growing. Not just as it relates to clients and work (though we are), but as a team and as citizens. In 2020, we joined other key community members in signing the Indy Racial Equity Pledge, which we continue to hold ourselves publicly accountable to. In 2022, we became a WBE (Women Business Enterprise) of the City of Indianapolis, and empowered our DEI Committee to audit our current practices and implement an agency-wide action plan.
When it comes to the day-to-day, we’ve embraced a hybrid office model so our employees can work from home when they want or need to. But we also love to see each other at our well-stocked, dog-friendly office in the Fountain Fletcher District of Indianapolis.
There’s more, of course: chili cook-offs, a kickball league, a book club for banned books, and a lot more that has to be experienced firsthand—because sometimes you just have to be here to truly grasp the Well Done way.
If you’re a talented copywriter who's interested in doing meaningful work alongside other passionate and affirming humans, we’d love to hear from you.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works with art director(s) and creative director(s) to brainstorm ideas and develop advertising campaigns for interactive/web, print, broadcast, direct mail, outdoor, digital, and other forms of promotion for the agency and its clients.
- Works with the director of public relations to develop and write scripts, case statements, backgrounders, white papers, opinion pieces, news releases, and other forms of communication tools for the agency and its clients.
- Ensures all copy/concepts achieve the agency’s and/or clients’ goals according to the strategic creative brief.
- Works to create and/or maintain style guides and templates for the agency and all clients to assure consistency of brand across all media.
- Researches clients’ products, services, and competitors to ensure ability to write compelling, accurate, and persuasive copy for assigned projects.
- Edits text written by outsourced copywriters or other contributors to ensure quality and consistency with clients’ style guides and agency house style.
- Contributes to the agency blog regularly and assists on the agency newsletter as needed.
- Assists in writing new business proposals and agency publicity materials as requested.
- Archives and maintains all files in accordance with creative team standards.
- Participates in client meetings and presentations as appropriate.
- Provides backup for proofreading and editing as needed.
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years agency experience required; must have experience writing print advertising, digital content, and video scripts
- Consumer-facing healthcare writing experience is a plus
- A degree in communications, English, journalism, or advertising is preferred but not required
- Ability to present ideas, negotiate, problem-solve, and deliver timely results
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-moving industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite of products
- Experience with project management software
Reports to: Creative Director
Position Type: Full-time, salaried
Expected Hours of Work: Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. or equivalent.
Flexible/hybrid office environment.
Travel is limited but may be required for out-of-state client projects and meetings.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Powered by JazzHR