BSR®️ is a sustainable business network and consultancy focused on creating a world in which all people can thrive on a healthy planet. With offices in Asia, Europe, and North America, BSR®️ provides its 300+ member companies with insight, advice, and collaborative initiatives to help them see a changing world more clearly, create long-term value, and scale impact.
The Communications and Marketing Coordinator is an integral member of BSR’s Global Communications and Marketing Team, providing support for important team functions including social media, digital communications, e-mail marketing, content marketing, and event planning and implementation.
The Coordinator reports to BSR’s Social Media and Digital Strategy Manager but engages with MarComms staff and other colleagues across the organization on a variety of key communications and marketing priorities.
This position is an excellent opportunity for an early-career marketing and communications professional to contribute to a mission-driven non-profit organization seeking to create a more just and sustainable world.
Applicants should be based in the Eastern or Central Time Zones of the United States.
Digital & Social Media
- Support the Social Media and Digital Strategy Manager by drafting and posting social media posts for BSR editorial content, events and media mentions.
- Create digital marketing materials (images and videos) to promote editorial, BSR speaking engagements and events.
- Utilize audience research tools to inform digital and social media strategy.
Content Marketing & Campaign Strategy
- Support the Editorial and Campaign Strategy Manager by proofreading and uploading all new editorial content to the website and working with authors to update content as needed.
- Support editorial campaign strategy by tracking and reporting on key performance indicators.
- Support the production of BSR e-mail blasts, newsletters, and other e-mail marketing, by setting up distributions and building lists; tracking and analyzing open-rates, click-thru rates, etc.
- Collaborate with Website Content Associate and Senior Developer to manage marketing automation tool (Pardot) and maintain customer database in Salesforce for marketing purposes.
- Support the development and implementation of marketing automation activities (nurture campaigns, lead qualification, lead generation, etc.)
Events & Event Marketing
- Work closely with the Global Events Manager to execute BSR member webinars and regional in-person events by:
- Managing all deliverables associated with external event cross-marketing partnerships.
- Managing all logistics related to member-only webinars including: set-up, prep, hosting, and follow-up.
- Providing logistical and marketing support for in-person events, including BSR’s annual member convening, by building out invitation lists, website listings, setting up eblasts and registration systems, onsite logistics, sending follow-up emails, etc.
- Process vendor contracts and invoices and project manage any payments.
- Gather Global Communications Team updates for weekly internal newsletter.
- Manage creation of new staff bios, and updates to existing staff bios, on website.
- Manage org-wide media subscriptions.
- Interest, knowledge of and/or experience supporting strategic communications campaigns involving events, PR, social media and editorial content
- Up to three years of communications or marketing experience with a company, nonprofit, or global organization preferred
- Fluent in English, with superior written and verbal communication, writing, and editing/proofreading skills
- Experience using marketing automation and CRM tools (e.g., Pardot and Salesforce) a plus
- Knowledge of and experience in basic HTML and/or CMS systems for website content management
- Exceptional time management skills with ability to deliver on simultaneous projects in multiple locations
- Interest, knowledge of and/or experience working on issues related to sustainability/corporate social responsibility or other relevant topics including climate change, human rights and social justice a plus
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong initiative, with a “can do” approach
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Skills in Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and inDesign a plus
- Capacity to work and thrive in a growing, fast-paced entrepreneurial organization with a collaborative environment
- Desire to pursue a career in marketing and communications
- High ethical standards and commitment to BSR core values of leadership, respect, and integrity
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
At BSR we have implemented a transparent total compensation framework with an emphasis on internal equity. In order to maintain our equity, our hiring rate for this position is $57,453. Location adjustment will apply if successful candidates reside in New York or San Francisco.
BSR is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. As a global organization, BSR strives to represent a culmination of different perspectives, backgrounds, cultures, and ideas. BSR encourages employees to be themselves and share their unique stories, as these initiatives foster a global environment of creativity, forward thinking, and open-mindedness. These values drive the innovative work of our staff and support BSR’s overarching mission to build a just and sustainable world.
At BSR, discrimination because of age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by regional laws, is not condoned. BSR strives to maintain a fair and inclusive working environment. Thus, these factors do not influence recruitment, performance management processes, and project assignments. BSR aims to support necessary accommodations and has a zero-tolerance policy for discriminatory behavior and retaliation in response to the needs of our employees.