OJO is committed to fostering an environment where all employees and candidates can thrive, grow, and lead. We strongly encourage members of marginalized communities, including people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities, to apply with OJO.
If you feel like you don't meet all of the requirements for this role, we encourage you to apply anyway. We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome gets in the way of meeting incredible candidates and we don't want anything to get in the way of meeting you. If you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in any portion of our interview process, please reach out to email@example.com.About OJO
OJO is an Austin-based real estate technology company guiding more people to successful homeownership. The company's platform for buying, selling, and homeownership meets people wherever they are on their journey, offering personalized guidance every step of the way. Through a bespoke combination of people and technology, OJO cultivates a deep understanding of individual needs and preferences, matching people with the right tools and trusted providers to equip anyone to unlock the abundant benefits of home ownership.
The OJO residential search site, Movoto by OJO, provides personalized recommendations and highlights listings best suited to each consumers' needs and preferences, so they never miss a home that might be the right fit. OJO Homeowner, the home management and finance tool, helps consumers uncover hidden savings, monitor equity, and plan for the future, whether managing their home as an asset or identifying the right time to sell. OJO also has a network of more than 30,000 top-rated real estate professionals, the OJO Select Network, and matches each consumer with the expert who can best support their individual journey.
As one of the fastest-growing companies in the U.S., OJO Labs placed 29th on the Deloitte Tech Fast 500 and 49th on the Inc. 5000. To date, the company has raised more than $140 million to fuel its rapid growth. CEO and Founder, John Berkowitz, has been named EY Entrepreneur of the Year for Central Texas and a top CEO by the Austin Business Journal and the company's executives have won more than a dozen industry awards in the past year. OJO Labs is headquartered in Austin, Texas and has more than 700 employees globally with a presence in Chicago, Minneapolis, and San Mateo; and a large operations center in St. Lucia.
We consistently incorporate social and environmental impact into decision-making at OJO because we consider it important to the success of our business and our overarching purpose to equip anyone to unlock the abundant benefits of homeownership. From saving to buying, owning to selling, we guide people through all the twists and turns along the way. So they can unlock more than just the front door.About The Marketing Team
The OJO Marketing team is creative, analytical, and passionate about our business, our craft, and our pets; we're a small and growing high-impact team. We aim to always keep the needs, wants, and goals of consumers at the forefront of every decision OJO makes, through insightful, compelling storytelling that fuses the head and the heart. We influence with deep, quantitative analyses, wrapped in the context of qualitative insights. Every member on the team has their own domain knowledge and subject matter expertise, creating the opportunity and responsibility for ownership and deep collaboration on company-wide initiatives.The Basics
As Public Relations Associate, you will play an integral role in driving and executing PR strategy to raise the profile of OJO and key executives. This person will work alongside the Director of Storytelling and PR to track media coverage, draft and oversee the creation of media releases and daily email newsletters, forge relationships with journalists and key influencers, and manage both proactive and reactive external messaging. This position will be reporting to the Director of Storytelling and PR.What You'll Do:
What We Need From You:
- Develop and nurture relationships with key journalists covering real estate, proptech, fintech, and the business world
- Create content for press releases, bylined articles, and speaking engagements
- Author daily email newsletter highlighting company, industry, and economic news
- Monitor and track media coverage and report out key findings organization-wide
- Manage media and interview requests
- Occasional copywriting and editing work
- Work alongside communications leads to develop proactive PR strategies for OJO announcements, key milestones, awards initiatives, and elevating OJO's leaders through thought leadership platforms
- Provide social media support to promote PR initiatives.
- Help strategically shape company story to keep it fresh and relevant in partnership with the Director of Storytelling and PR.
Nice to Haves
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- 1-2 years of experience in PR, communications, marketing, or similar role
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities at once
- Eager to learn, resourceful and passionate
- Strong attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Ability to deal with change with a passion for innovation and creative problem solving
- Dedication to promoting and enhancing OJO's reputation among a range of external stakeholders
What do we have to offer?
- Knowledge of the real estate landscape and major trends in the industry
Ready to join us? Here's what to expect next:
- Equitable Pay Practices
- Flexible PTO Policy
- 20+ Paid Company Holidays
- Options for 100% Coverage of Employee and Dependent Medical Health Premiums
- Robust Ancillary Benefit Offerings Including Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Disability Coverage, and Pre Tax Savings Accounts
- Talkspace Access for Employees and Their Dependents
- Home Office Stipend
- Monthly Wellness Stipend
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Investment in Continued Learning
- Promote from Within Philosophy
- Volunteer Program
- Dog-friendly Workplace
Step 1: Complete the application below
Step 2: Recruiter Phone Screen
Step 3: Hiring Manager Video Interview
Step 4: Subject Matter Expert/Technical Video Interview
Step 5: Role-specific Project Assignment + Final Round InterviewDiversity and Inclusion at OJO:
OJO is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment and do not discriminate on any basis prohibited by law, including race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, and veteran status. We provide equal employment opportunities at all stages in the employment process, including hiring, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Further, all of our employees have a responsibility to treat others with dignity and respect at all times.Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are typically done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on OJO. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance completing any forms or to participate in any portion of the application or interview process.