Sharecare is the leading digital health company that helps people -- no matter where they are in their health journey -- unify and manage all their health in one place. Our comprehensive and data-driven virtual health platform is designed to help people, providers, employers, health plans, government organizations, and communities optimize individual and population-wide well-being by driving positive behavior change. Driven by our philosophy that we are all together better, at Sharecare, we are committed to supporting each individual through the lens of their personal health and making high-quality care more accessible and affordable for everyone. To learn more, visit www.sharecare.com.
The Sharecare editorial team is seeking a summer intern to contribute to the department's work. This internship is designed to provide an aspiring journalist with the fundamental tools required to produce written health content at a high level. Over the course of the program, the intern will conduct a variety of tasks essential to keeping the editorial department operating efficiently and producing best-in-class health journalism.
Essential Functions May Include:
- Assisting in gathering and distributing the department's daily health news roundup
- Updating existing articles for relevance, timeliness, and accuracy
- Managing the department's tracking of newly published and updated articles
- Tagging articles for optimal surfacing across the Sharecare platform (web and mobile)
- Liaising with the social media, newsletter, and mobile app teams on promotion of new articles and updates
- Assisting in the sourcing, tracking, and writing/editing/publishing of email newsletters
- Performing evidence-based, primary source research
- Outlining and drafting an original article
- Interviewing expert sources, as necessary
- Publishing and promoting content on relevant channels
- High school graduate
- Currently working on or completed Bachelor's degree
- Passionate about journalism
- Experience with various forms of digital publishing (including web, social, email, and mobile app)
- Demonstrate high energy and a thirst for learning in a collaborative environment
- The ideal candidate will have some experience with health content, whether in academics or student journalism, and/or demonstrate a sincere interest and passion for health news
- Interns who have not yet completed a Bachelor’s Degree earn $14/hour or the local minimum wage, whichever is greater. Interns who have completed a Bachelor’s Degree earn $17/hour.
Sharecare and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, equal pay, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other status protected under applicable law.