The Assistant to the Rector will provide organizational and administrative support directly to the rector, oversee communications/marketing and the website, and participate in a culture of love and acceptance. This is a part-time position – 25 hours per week, Monday – Friday.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Demonstrated skill working Microsoft Office software applications including MS Word & MS Excel.
- Ability to work effectively with confidential information and to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills.
- Must have ability to work independently on assigned responsibilities and special projects.
- Must possess exceptional customer services skills.
- Ability to do updates to a WordPress website.
- Comprehensive understanding of marketing strategy including understanding demographic targeting, event promotion, & social media strategy.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Must be organized, efficient & flexible.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Familiarity with Outlook, Gmail sheets, Gmail docs, Word, Canva, WordPress
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 2+ years of experience in marketing, fundraising, or events promotion.
- 2+ years of administration
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In consultation with the rector, schedule regular Lay Eucharistic Visitors.
- Promote and support GriefShare and Stephen Ministry including maintaining records and supplies.
- Maintain files for funeral planning and Garth records.
- Interact with and assist visitors looking for financial or other forms of support.
- Communicate sensitively via email, phone & in persons with parishioners as a member of staff.
- Schedule rector’s parishioner visits.
- Update events
- Communicate with Social Media Manager
- Update home page: Keep slider current with events, update photo collage on home page.
- Update pages on site.
- Add weekly Bulletin.
Marketing & Communications
- Set marketing strategy for events.
- Set tone & overall design look for creatives.
- Communicate with Social Media Manager about creatives that he will produce.
- Communicate with vendors.
- Disperse marketing materials to wider community.
- Responsible for keeping Facebook updated.
- Work with Social Media Manager to create banners for evens.
- Work with and request photos from parish photographer and others for all events.
- Work with newsletter editor to coordinate communications to parishioners.
- Ensure website is kept up to date, working with social media manager and the rector.
- Serve as back-up editor for The Banner
- Ensure voicemail messaging is up to date.
- Maintain list of visitors and ensure initial and follow-up communication from the rector.
- Keep Welcome Bags updated with monthly events. Welcome bags should have two months of event sheets included.
- Print & post monthly events poster to church bulletin boards.
- Coordinate design of bulletin boards with volunteer staff.
- Schedule and promote twice annual Newcomers Welcome Luncheon and St. Alfred’s 101 classes.
- Connect interested newcomers with ministry leaders.
Administration & Finance
- Keep updated monthly staff calendar and send to staff prior to weekly staff meeting.
- Work with rector and stewardship team to develop annual pledge campaign including producing pledge cards and all other supporting materials.
- Run a creative pledge campaign with an organized timeline for events and letters.
- Coordinate production of annual report ensuring timely receipt of ministry team reports; coordinates all logistics for annual meeting including refreshments, set up and clean up, election ballots, sound system and broadcast.
- Coordinate with rector, treasurer, and bookkeeper for timely filing of parochial report.
- Work with rector and vestry to grow stewardship and financial strength.
- Develop planned giving initiative and annual events that will support and grow the endowment fund.
- Send acknowledgement letters monthly for non-pledge gifts.
- Ensure thank you letters for pledges go out in December.
- Ensure reminders for pledging go out first week of January to those who have not pledged.
- Serves as point person for all communications with Plato Academy
- Coordinates use of shared spaces and equipment including Reister Hall, the Church, parking lot.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.
- Must be able to work effectively with the Rector, Vestry and Parish Volunteers.
- Conduct themselves in a calm and collected manner at all times.
- Demonstrate patient/customer focused, compassionate behavior.
- Take responsibility for decisions, actions and results and deliver on commitments.
- Practice financial responsibility.
- Cooperate and collaborate with team members and others.
- Demonstrate compliance with all federal, state and local laws, and church rules and protocols.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with all staff and members.
- Maintain satisfactory participation and attendance at required and non-required meetings and staff development programs.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.