The Social Responsibility Senior Coordinator/Manager will be a part of the Social Responsibility Department. They will be responsible for managing components and projects related to the NFL’s work on a variety of social issues—notably social justice, domestic violence & sexual assault, and work with the LGBTQ community. The position reports to the Vice President of Social Responsibility and will work with the rest of the Social Responsibility team.Responsibilities
- Lead day-to-day communication with NFL’s 30+ social justice grant partners, including collecting quarterly grant summaries.
- Serve as point person representing the NFL with the Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault field, LGBTQ community, and other social issues that arise.
- Coordinate logistics and compile data on social justice initiatives.
- Coordinate all aspects of filming and distributing annual Social Responsibility education, as well as scheduling all education sessions with teams and league office employees.
- Conduct daily social media audit of DV/SA and social justice partners and recommend select posts for NFL amplification.
- Take part in social justice working group meetings and meetings with DV/SA organizations/partners.
- Plan events for Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Awareness Months, and work with partners on exposure on NFL owned & operated channels.
- Track and compile all social justice activity—clubs, players, league, grant partners, monetary donations, community involvement, etc.
- Deck building and information consolidation for senior leaders to present to owners/partners .
- Lead frequent c ommunicat ion with 32 clubs around DV/SA activations, engagement with the LGBTQ community, social justice resources and engagement opportunities .
- Manage NFL Social Justice email with responses, return phone calls, and conduct weekly check-ins regarding emails that require follow-ups
- Assist in preparation and production of player town halls/internal discussion & education
- Assist in preparation of periodic Social Justice newsletter
- Field and respond to phone and email inquiries re: NFL Foundation grant opportunities.
- Provide operational support for NFL Foundation website and Grant Application Management System (GAMS) updates, social justice application reviews and reporting.
- Assist in NFL Foundation and NFL Auction projects as requested including research, fundraising initiatives, etc.
- Interest and passion for work on social issues within a corporate atmosphere
- Previous experience with grantmaking
- Previous experience engaging with non-profit organizations.
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize, strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse groups
- Effective people skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent judgement and ability to anticipate business needs
- Expertise in Powerpoint and Excel
- Ability to learn new systems, including finance/accounts payable systems quickly.
Salary / Pay Range
This job posting contains a pay range, which represents the range of salaries or hourly rates that the NFL believes, in good faith, at the time of this posting that it might be willing to pay for the posted job in the location(s) specified. The NFL expects to hire for this position near the middle of the range. Only in truly rare and exceptional circumstances, where an external candidate has experience, credentials or expertise that far exceed those required or expected for the position, would the NFL consider paying a salary or rate near the higher end of the range. Terms / Expected Hours of Work
- NFL employees are required to work 40 hours per week.
- FLSA exempt
- The NFL maintains a Flexible Workplace Policy that provides members of our workforce with opportunities to periodically work from a location of their choice, while maintaining a priority on in-person work at an NFL office, which enables us to more effectively collaborate, connect and build a workplace culture that will drive our continued success.
- The NFL is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment that reflects our incredibly diverse fan base. We provide an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all employees and applicants without regard to status as protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.