Sage Hospitality Group is set to hire a People & Culture Coordinator
to join our team in Asbury Park, New Jersey!
As part of Sage Hospitality Group, we passionately strive to be the best and create excellence in everything we do. We believe in enriching lives one experience at a time. More than a slogan, we empower our employees to make positive impacts on the communities in which we live and work. By providing genuine service we build relationships with our guests and value for our shareholders, and we create unforgettable experiences.
We are looking for independent thinkers. Those who harness their entrepreneurial spirit so that it breaks preconceived notions. We’re not afraid to forge our own path. After all, it’s what industry leaders do. That’s why we welcome risk takers and creative spirits alike. No matter your daily role, Sage recognizes that your success is about more than the work you do—it’s really about who you are, which is why we invest in your personal and professional growth. Join our team!
To assist in the overall operation of the Human Resources function by maintaining accurate associate records. To provide support in the areas of employment, benefit administration, associate relations and training. Coordinate, administer and report on various human resource programs, system and procedures to aid in the attraction, retention and motivation of associates in accordance with policies, procedures and government laws and regulations. Daily administration of various benefit, government and associate relations programs. Recommends procedural/process changes.
- Maintain all logs (new hire, termination, transfers, department meetings, turnover reports, birthdays, anniversaries, training, recognition) daily by period and prepare reports in a timely, accurate manner.
- Maintain employee records, files and the human resource office systems to compliance standards.
- Prepare correspondence and memos as needed.
- Assist in screening hourly applicants and determine eligibility for employment when department managers have the need. Refer to department manager when appropriate. Execute the employment process
- Assist with all benefit enrollment and administration including group health insurance, 401K, vacation, sick, leave of absence and jury duty pay. Ensure all policies and procedures are followed, forms are accurate and administered in a timely manner.
- Assist with orientation; overview of benefits to new associates, instruct on completion of enrollment forms and audit for accuracy, provide overview of company handbook.
- Prepare/monitor Payroll Action Forms & input/update ADP new hires, terms, transfers and manual check calculations to ensure accurate, up-to-date information is available for payroll and management.
- Notify managers of monthly reviews, prepare payroll action forms and track all completed reviews to ensure reviews are given in a timely manner.
- Assist with reception duties greeting concerned associates and directing to appropriate manager if necessary.
- Assist in the production of associate newsletter.
- Ensure complete compliance of the Immigration Reform and Control Act for all associates.
- Conduct exit interviews of hourly associates and log and update in tracking spreadsheet.
- Keep associate bulletin boards current, post memos, pictures of associate events, loss prevention materials.
- Inventory office and benefit supplies on a regular basis, complete purchase orders needed to purchase supplies and maintain needed inventory.
Minimum of one year hotel or human resource related work experience preferred
- Must have basic PC knowledge, minimum typing speed of 45 wpm.
- Ability to write and communicate professionally, bi-lingual fluency a plus.
- Must be hospitality oriented and possess the ability to work under pressure.
- Should possess the ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must excel in attention to detail and the ability to stay focused on task while prioritizing time and deadlines.
- Excellent hearing required to conduct interviews, hear associate concerns, conduct reference checks, answer phones.
- Excellent vision required to review all incoming documentation, read applications, filing, etc.
- Excellent speech communication skills required to conduct interviews, reference checks, handle phone and associate inquiries.
- Excellent comprehension and literacy required to read all documentation, applications and write documentation; i.e., screening forms, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Transporting supplies up to 35 lbs., carrying training materials. Lift binders of documentation.
- Bending/kneeling to lower filing cabinets, bottom desk drawers for materials.
- Mobility – need to be able to move about the hotel to maintain associate relations. Possess the ability to move around office to access files.
- Continuous standing – to assist in training sessions.
- No climbing or driver required.
Work inside 95% of day.