Likewise is a fun, social and incredibly useful way for people to discover, curate, and share recommendations on TV shows, movies, books, podcasts and more. Best of all, Likewise helps people quickly find recommendations from their friends, family, and other trusted sources.
Initially imagined and backed by Bill Gates’ private office, Likewise is the rare early-stage startup that is thinking big, playing to win, and investing to continue its rapid growth trajectory. If you are passionate about what you do and want to be a part of building something brand new, then come talk to us about getting in on the fun!
Are you a content, marketing, or publishing professional with a passion for books and helping people discover the best in new reads? We are hiring a Content Manager (Books) who will be responsible for book-related content across the Likewise platform. The role will encompass three primary functions:
- What to Read newsletter, which comes out twice a week
- Book content in the Likewise app
- Blog and social media content
Business development and marketing:
- Attend business development and sales meetings with publishers as our resident expert on books
- Bring to life all book campaigns, partnering with the business development team and our clients’ Brand Managers to develop custom advertorial content for their marketing campaigns, including content for custom communities on the Likewise app
- Conduct author interviews live on our app
- Host live digital events with our users
- Represent Likewise at industry events
- Avid reader with knowledge of current popular fiction for adults and teens and general literary and pop culture trends
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in content creation, ideally in a book-related field, and relevant work samples to share
- Exceptionally strong written communication skills
- Experience writing advertorial content for general audiences
- Experience hosting author events, interviewing writers, or other live event experience
- Detail-oriented and organized, with experience managing multiple projects concurrently
In the spirit of pay transparency, we are pleased to share the base salary range for this position is $60K-$75K. If you are hired at Likewise, your compensation will be determined based on factors that may include geographic location, skills, education, and experience. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as a part of any offer. This pay range allows us flexibility to hire candidates with more knowledge and experience than the description specifies, and in that case the base salary could be closer to the higher end of the posted range. The base salary listed is just one component of Likewise’s total compensation, which includes: PTO; paid holidays; medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D insurance; employee assistance program; 401k; professional development; paid parental leave; and stock options. Certain revenue-generating positions may be eligible for commission and/or other incentive compensation.
We are delighted to be working a hybrid onsite schedule, with local Seattle-area employees in-office together on Mondays and Thursdays. The office is available on other days as well, but in-office time on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays is optional.We support workplace diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.