The Choice, Inc. is managing a direct hire search for our client, a national nonprofit in the higher education and public health space. The Communications Specialist will develop and implement a variety of communication strategies to raise awareness of the association's programs to key stakeholders.
This is a hybrid schedule in Washington, DC.
What we are seeking in candidates:
- At least 3-5 years of communications and project management experience. Association and/or higher education experience is a plus!
- Experience with writing, editing, and proofreading is required; experience with web content development and social media is highly desirable.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, flexible, and collaborative, and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Familiar with Survey Monkey, Wufoo, or similar survey software. Familiarity with standard office equipment and practices including use of computers, email etiquette, phones, photocopiers, filing and organizing.
- Develop a comprehensive communication strategy to reach stakeholders
- Work with the Communications Team to coordinate outreach efforts with other program areas and identify opportunities for synergy.
- Prepare web content, weekly updates, quarterly Board reports, social media messages, webinar and training promotions, newsletter articles, and correspondence
- Coordinate all video productions, which includes developing scripts, scheduling interviews, and working with vendors.
- Work with member schools to develop spotlights and highlight success stories.
- Research and recommend new channels and opportunities to reach target audiences, including podcasting, exhibiting at conferences, and hosting special events.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer!