The Marketing & Communications Manager will manage the marketing and communications plan for the Chamber, Chamber Foundation, and Manatee Young Professionals (MYP) to support and enhance our mission, visibility, programming/events goals, results, and impact.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Develops and implements an overall marketing and communications plan for the Chamber as well as marketing/promotion plans for individual Chamber, Chamber Foundation, and Manatee Young Professionals (MYP) programs, events, and initiatives.
Develops and manages the internal Communications Calendar.
Responsible for generating content for the Current magazine by working with other team members to identify editorial and promotion needs, writing content, and editing the magazine.
Leads the development and execution of the annual Member Benefits & Engagement Guide, annual Street Map, and annual Community Guide & Directory in partnership with the Chamber’s Creative Services Manager, as well as other marketing and advertising pieces as needed.
Writes and posts/sends social media, web, and email newsletter/e-blast content for Chamber, Chamber Foundation, and Manatee Young Professionals (MYP) programs, events, and initiatives and works with the Chamber’s Creative Services Manager so that effective graphics are generated to support the content.
Works within the board-established budgets of the Chamber and Chamber Foundation to accomplish marketing and communications goals/deliverables.
Researches “best practices” within the Chamber industry, makes recommendations to appropriate staff and groups within the Chamber, and implements approved/adopted “best practices.”
Attends and supports Chamber events, programs, and initiatives including regular attendance at targeted/specific events. Assists fellow team members in carrying out their duties whenever necessary. Responsible for special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENT:
- Exceptional communications, writing, and editing skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency with Adobe Suite, including Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat preferred.
- Proven success in developing and implementing marketing and communications plans.
- Excellent listening and professional customer service skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in marketing, communications, or public relations.
- Three to five years related marketing or communications experience, with non-profit experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, multi-task, build relationships and pay attention to details.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, coordinate, and set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Discretion with confidential information required.
- Valid driver’s license and personal transportation required.
- Drug screening and background check required.
JOB LOCATION AND HOURS:
This position is based out of the Chamber’s Bradenton office with the ability to flex time working at the Chamber’s Lakewood Ranch office as agreed upon. The position also requires travel to Chamber, Chamber Foundation, and MYP events and programs at offsite locations primarily in Manatee and Sarasota Counties. This is an exempt position and some duties/projects require work outside the typical 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM office hours.