At Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers®, our concept is focused and unique. We have only ONE LOVE® - quality chicken finger meals! Every talented Crewmember in our Restaurant Support Office (RSO) is integral to our success and a value to our rapidly growing company.
Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers® is seeking a Communications Specialist to be based in our Plano, Texas Restaurant Support Office. This role is primarily responsible for creating and reviewing content for our internal audience. Duties will specifically include writing news features, special interest stories, newsletter content, training and support documents, as well as editing news and information submitted from a variety of internal departments - ensuring they are developed to Raising Cane’s high standards. This position will have the opportunity to learn from and work alongside our multi-functional Communications Team.Content Management:
General Administrative Support
- Write, edit and update the written content for newsletters, event materials, company emails, internal engagement communications and other system-wide communications.
- Help manage the Editorial Calendar and overall workflow of content submissions and requests from internal departments throughout the Company - ensuring content is developed on time and meets Raising Cane’s standards.
- Create key news articles and manage the organization of the content published.
- Support a broad range of internal electronic communications - constantly finding new ways to engage the Crewmember population.
- Assist in managing key lists and records, including but not limited to: Crewmember pictures, Department members and titles, new Restaurant openings, Feedback or Suggestion Mailboxes, etc.
- Proofread, edit and fact-check a variety of internal communications including Job Aids, Reference Aids, Guides, Manuals and other training-related content from a communications perspective.
- Assist in managing communications between Restaurant Support Office and the Restaurants, serving as a point of contact for Restaurant Operators and Internal Departments.
- Collect content/information from internal departments and assist in writing weekly news and action items for Restaurant Operators.
- Act as a liaison to various internal departments to provide communication support and to identify/create opportunities to promote department initiatives to internal audiences.
- Assist in general administrative support such as scheduling meetings, general organization, research on various initiatives, industry-related news, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required - emphasis on Corporate Communications, Journalism, Communications
- At least 2 years Communications experience, with an emphasis on field or internal communications preferred
- Intranet content creation/management experience a bonus, preferably on a SharePoint platform
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Advanced PC skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of InDesign, Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop preferred
- Ability to work on a full-time basis at the Restaurant Support Office in Plano, TX
The intellectual and physical demands described below are representative of what must be met by a Crewmember
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableCrewmembers With Disabilities To Perform The Essential Functions.
- Ability to deliver results under heavy pressure deadlines
- Must maintain disciplined time management and follow-up work to completion
- Strong communication, team leadership/management and team development skills
- Ability to effectively and efficiently support complex, large scale initiatives
- Ability to effectively support cross-functional project teams, influence proactively with mutual respect
developing trust and interdependently develop strategic and tactical plans
Connect With Us!
- Capable of delivering results vs. activities; having an action orientation
- Must have problem solving skills to remove obstacles, conflict resolution, mediation and negotiation
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, consumer brand organization
- Must maintain confidential information
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.