Urban Grid is a utility scale renewable energy project developer, with over a decade of expertise in taking solar and energy storage projects through the full development process, from site acquisition through interconnection, permitting, offtake execution and project exit. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia–with teams located strategically throughout the United States, Urban Grid has provided utilities and corporate clients with reliable clean energy. We are actively developing a growing portfolio of approximately 15,000 megawatts of solar PV and 7,000 megawatts of co-located and stand-alone energy storage, throughout 12 states in support of America’s transition to clean, sustainable power. To learn more, please visit www.UrbanGridSolar.com.
Urban Grid is a Brookfield Renewable company. Brookfield Renewable operates one of the world’s largest publicly traded, pure-play renewable power platforms.
We are currently seeking a Marketing & Communications Intern to primarily support the Community Engagement Team, including the CE Manager, Stakeholder Relations Field Coordinator, and AVP of Marketing and Communications. The Community Engagement Team is a dynamic group in Urban Grid working to active bases of support in solar project communities. Through strategic partnerships and engagement initiatives, outreach, research, and strong communication and marketing.This is a paid internship that will start on or around June 5, 2023, with an end date of August 15, 2023.
The Marketing & Communicaitons Intern will be involved in the following areas of work:
- Supporting the Community Engagement Manager in project landowner communications; quarterly project updates and bi-annual newsletter content creation
- Accompanying Stakeholder Relations Field Coordinator and Community Engagement Manager in events and activities in project communities. Some travel to UG project locations will be required.
- Supporting AVP of Marketing and Communications with content creation and editorial review
- Supporting Stakeholder Relations Field Coordinator with County specific research
- Updating and archiving engagement news and actions in Monday.com
- A Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, and Canva is recommended
This position will be primarily remote with periodic meetups with our team in the field or a regional office such as Richmond or Charlottesville.
During the 10-week program, interns will participate in virtual, company-wide and department meetings, virtual bi-weekly Friday lunch & learn trainings and a culminating group presentation on your overall internship experience. The program is structured to provide exposure to careers in renewable energy, best practices in internal communications as part of a remote team and best of all, the opportunity to work and support a team of professionals who are experts in their field.Requirements
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, Sustainability, or related field
- Interest in renewable energy
- Design skills a plus (photoshop/canva/ppt)
- Solid MS Office Skills
- Excellent communicator with strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and work with minimal direction
- Ability to perform duties in a collaborative working environment
- Interest in local community engagement activities in support of our renewable energy projects including some light travel to events and local government meetings.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with a shared interest in saving the world!