Founded in 2018, Compose.ly was born from a team of entrepreneurs and content marketing experts with a proven track record of building successful SaaS platforms. Compose.ly is a rare thing - a growing, profitable startup that has yet to take any outside investors. We’ve already achieved product/market fit. We have not taken outside funding. We’ve built this business through grit, hard work, and smart decision-making. We're organized, experienced, and in growth mode, and we are looking for fellow entrepreneurs to join our team.
At Compose.ly, we recognize the power of storytelling, and we believe that every business has a great story to tell. The problem is that many businesses struggle to share theirs in an authentic way that drives results. Our goal is to create high-quality, SEO-friendly marketing content for organizations of all sizes by matching them with vetted and trained writers in their industries.
We’re looking for an experienced content creator, who is obsessed with creating quality content using SEO and conversion best practices. You must love researching, writing, editing, and amplifying stories through a compelling experience to move leads through the funnel and create loyalty within our customer community. You will create high-quality content for all stages of the marketing funnel, including top-of-the-funnel content such as blog posts, middle-of-the-funnel content such as ebooks and white papers, and bottom-of-the-funnel content such as case studies and testimonials. You will create gated content like webinars, workshops, and quizzes to support lead generation and customer engagement. You will write and edit sales assets such as pitch decks, email templates, and proposals.
You’re also passionate about testing new ideas, leading change management efforts and reaching / engaging / learning from our audience. The right person will have an eye for high-quality B2B marketing content and a data-driven mindset to help connect content strategy to business results. You’ll play a key role in elevating our content marketing program and setting the standard for fellow content creators.
What You'll Be Doing
- Lead our brand awareness / tofu content efforts by collaborating with freelance writers, designers, sales professionals, customers, and industry experts to scope and produce compelling, search-optimized content for our blog, website, landing pages, resources section, social media channels, webinars, etc.
- Maintain Compose.ly’s quarterly editorial and content calendar, keeping it up-to-date and executing the plan to drive performance goals
- Produce consistent content to guide contacts through the buyer’s journey from prospect to customer
- Create compelling email copy to move prospects through the marketing funnel, nurture leads, and drive additional MQLs
- Oversee our monthly newsletter to connect with prospects and customers
- Work with the sales team to produce one-pagers to help them overcome objections and move deals through the sales pipeline
- Bring our social media engagement strategy to the next level, by owning all company accounts and arming our executives and internal champions with authentic stories and creative social ideas that support our strategic narrative
- Put customers at the center of our content creating customer stories, testimonials, and webinars that showcase the value Compose.ly has created for our marketplace and managed service clients
- Monitor, track, and document content performance, and analyze data to determine the impact on revenue
- Work with the SEO manager to produce content that attracts quality traffic to our blog and web pages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 2+ years in a content / web marketing role at a marketing agency or high-growth SaaS company or equivalent writing experience
- Portfolio showcasing B2B content (webpages, landing pages, SEO-driven content, etc.) samples required
- Experience working with freelancers and vendors to create branded content that stands out
- Impeccable organization and project management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects with many stakeholders
- Demonstrated success with growing traffic and driving revenue through content marketing
- A high sense of urgency and organization while managing multiple projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism or relevant field
- Follow editorial governance and coach other writers and vendors to ensure content is consistent with brand voice, style, and tone
Compose.ly provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Equity, Balance, and Belonging
At Compose.ly, we value the humanity that makes each of us unique. We strive to ensure everyone is supported equitably, and our team members are free to bring their full selves to work each day, and celebrate others doing the same. We embrace the intersectionality that exists between gender identity, ethnicity, age, disability status, and the many other aspects of our greater humanity.