Job Title: Development and Communications Director
Organization: Civic Leadership Foundation
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Approved By: Elizabeth Nessner
Application: Submit by March 15, 2023
About the Civic Leadership Foundation:
The Civic Leadership Foundation (CLF) is a nonprofit educational organization that partners with schools and community organizations to deliver empowering, experiential, and project-based curriculum that sets middle school youth on pathways to success.
Our programs are designed to prepare young people for the roles and responsibilities of adulthood. To meet that need, CLF’s work involves three activities: we design programs using our evidence-based curriculum; we train teachers and mentors and support them in effectively executing the programs; and we collaborate with our partners, mentors, and youth to assess the impact of our work.
About the Role:
The full-time position of Development and Communications Director reports directly to the
Chief Executive Officer. This position will design and support targeted fundraising goals, particularly the stewardship and operations of fundraising campaigns. The position assists in building, maintaining and analyzing the donor base, oversees gift acceptance/acknowledgments and serves as a thought leader on diversifying streams of funding and fundraising initiates of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities: In addition to the primary responsibilities listed above,the following list is not all-inclusive and may be expanded by management to include additional support based on the needs of the organization:
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage donor administration activities: creating and running donor reports, donor database entry, updates, invitations, thank you notes, and other materials. Heavy volume of correspondence from October – January.
- Coordinate fundraising and networking events. Other duties will include volunteer, recruitment, corporate partnerships, major gift campaigns, mail solicitations, maintaining up-to-date contacts for outreach and prospective donors, and on-site event management.
- Communication to all stakeholders including board members, donors, and school and community partners through various formats (website, emails, newsletter, VIP Donor Club, social channels).
- Grant research and eligibility, grant writing, and the preparation of grant related materials.
- Solicits alternative ways to increase the awareness of CLF to inspire new funders.
- Develop and implement a planned messaging strategy that communicates the work of CLF to multiple partners across multiple social media platforms.
- Develop online fundraising strategies, campaigns/calls to action, develop and execute consistent communication to cultivate and grow donor base.
- Manage CLF’s website, and social media presence including developing content for print and electronic communications to support all CLF activities (program related and fund development).
- Manage all social media (Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.) profiles. Assist in the creation and disbursement of newsletters. E-newsletters, e-blasts, annual reports and direct mail.
- Preparation and/or printing of presentation media and materials as needed.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years of demonstrated success in fundraising in a small nonprofit setting.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization; develop a deep understanding of the mission, programs, and values of CLF.
- Proficient with fundraising CRM software, Google and MS Office Suite.
- Superior written and oral communication skills as well as excellent research skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines and the flexibility to respond to new requests.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Development and Communication Director” by March 15, 2023.