About the Role
SisterLove is looking for a savvy, enthusiastic Communications Specialist to help manage our external and internal communication content. This position will help promote a positive public image of SisterLove and the execution of disseminating the created content.
To ensure success as a Communications Specialist, the Communications Specialist should show a keen eye for detail and be highly creative. It would be best if this person also were a storyteller keyed into consumer and content trends with knowledge of Reproductive, Racial Justice, and related topics.
- Perform market research and data analysis for reports;
- Manage omnichannel content creation and posting;
- Write press releases and distribute them using Cision to local, national, and global media; compose monthly newsletter;
- Operating essential computer software, such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Adobe Acrobat, and Google Drive. ;
- Report in-person minimum two days per week;
● Expert-level written and verbal communication skills.
● Emotional maturity and decision-making.
● Project Management
● Collaborative work ethic and ability to work on cross-functional teams
● Attention to detail and seeing the implications for the bigger picture.; Strong
customer service mindset.
● Ability to complete tasks independently and efficiently.; Ability to maintain a
realistic balance among multiple priorities.; High sense of rigor to prevent
any form of mistake that may occur in the process of documenting SLI
● Experience working in deadline-driven environments.; Able to monitor and
meet qualitative and quantitative goals.
● Must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Communications, or similar.; Minimum of three years’ experience in a Comms nonprofit environment preferred. ;
- Experienced with content management systems such as Wix, Hootsuite, Canva, etc; ● Experience with various content platforms such as social media, blogs, and print media..;
- Familiarity with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Acrobat.; Familiarity with visual design concepts.;
- Understanding content practices such as SEO and SMO is a plus.;
- Must Live in the State of Georgia and have reliable transportation.;
This is a full-time position based in Atlanta, Georgia, with an anticipated start date of February 1, 2023. This position is 80% in-office. Excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, life, 401(k), and more. The salary for this position is $45 – 50K.
About the Company
Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, and with offices in South Africa, SisterLove, Inc.’s (SLI) mission is to eradicate the impact of HIV and sexual and reproductive oppression upon all women, their families, and communities locally and internationally. Established in 1989, SLI was the first organization in the US South to explicitly focus on the needs of Black women living with HIV (WLHIV) and other communities disproportionately impacted and least recognized in direct services, research, and advocacy in the HIV epidemic. SLI utilizes an interdisciplinary human rights, harm reduction, and Reproductive Justice (RJ) approach to its direct services (testing, counseling, sexuality education), community mobilization and support among WLHIV, its Policy and Advocacy Program (PAP), and research program.