The Assistant Director of Resident Services is a critical leadership role responsible for overseeing the delivery of high-quality resident services to seniors living at Blue Skies of Texas East. In this role, the Assistant Director will work closely with the Director of Resident Services to ensure all programs and services meet the unique needs and preferences of the residents. Responsibilities include managing and supervising the front desk manager, ensuring support services has the resources and support needed to provide excellent customer services to residents. The Assistant Director will also work collaboratively with other departments, such as dining services, wellness, and maintenance, to ensure seamless delivery of services across the campus.GENERAL REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, demonstrate sound judgement and attention to detail, function effectively in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions. Additionally, the candidate must possess exceptional organizational skills and be capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously, while exhibiting strong leadership and teamwork skills, providing exceptional customer service to all stakeholders, including residents, visitors, employees, and management. Maintain strict confidentiality and adhere to high ethical standards. Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential, including the ability to follow instructions accurately. Excellent editing and composition skills highly recommended. Capable in managing human, financial, and material resources efficiently and effectively. Additionally, courteous, patient, and tactful when dealing with residents, and maintain a professional demeanor at all times in interactions with residents, coworkers, supervisors, and other stakeholders.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in a related field is strongly preferred. 3 to 5 years of management and supervisory experience preferred along with excellent customer service skills. Possess previous experience working in a retirement community; specifically, planning and implementing activity programs for residents at all levels of care.EQUIPMENT AND COMPUTER OPERATIONS:
Must possess working knowledge of basic office equipment and computer skills, to include the Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Access and Publisher). Working knowledge of computers to include Internet capabilities Must possess working knowledge of basic electronics including sound systems, video equipment, cameras, social media, and recording devices. Must be able operate assigned vehicles in the safe transport of ambulatory and wheelchair-bound Blue Skies of Texas residents. Training will be provided to familiarize incumbent with work-related equipment to ensure safety and proper operation during use.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
Possess current cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), automated external defibrillator (AED), and First Aid certifications or be able to obtain same within 90 days of employment.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides leadership and direction for managers and supervisors of departments and functions within Resident Services.
- Serves as back up for Director, EVS supervisor, and front desk supervisor during periods of personnel shortages/departmental needs.
- Serves as back-up to the Resident Services Director (RSD) in RSD's absence.
- Supervises the front desk manager and associated activities.
- Serves as back-up in any frontline customer service role as needed.
- Acts as liaison for all new residents, prepares new resident files and organizes initial resident orientation.
- Coordinates the paperwork for moves through the continuum and out-processing of residents.
- Manages allocation/relocation of resident parking and storage, including submitting financial paperwork.
- Composes, revises, and distributes monthly newsletter for residents.
- Manages communication systems such as Touchtown and SARA to ensure information is shared in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains and track budget for assigned areas of responsibilities.
- Responsible for shopping for the village store as needed.
- Orders supplies for Resident Services.
- Communicates and monitors safety initiatives to safeguard residents and employees, and reports safety concerns to appropriate management staff.
- Acts as First Responder and responds to problems and emergencies in compliance with established policies and procedures and using sound judgement as the situation demands. Must achieve CPR and First Aide Certification.
- If CDL-qualified, transports residents in Company vehicles to designated locations between the two campuses and in the greater San Antonio area, as needed.
- Coordinates special projects and other duties as assigned by the Director.
Director of Resident Services.INTERNAL CONTROL:
Within the scope of position duties, responsible for seeing that operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded, and applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures are complied with. This position will handle confidential information and must treat such with appropriate sensitivity.PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
Work is generally performed indoors in a climate-controlled office setting. Occasional lifting and transfers of light loads of less than 30 pounds required. Bending, squatting, and reaching are necessary as well as maneuvering in and between buildings, offices and BST facilities and grounds. Few environmental hazards are present, although the threat of communicable disease exists. Mild cleaning products, waxes, and soaps are used in the immediate area. Mild pesticides are used periodically to control bug infestation.WORK SCHEDULE:
Core work hours are from 8 am to 5 pm, Monday thru Friday; however, back-up duties, special projects or assignments may require working additional hours to include evenings, weekends, and holidays. May be called in during off hours to react to emergency situations.WORK LOCATION:
Resident Services Office at Blue Skies of Texas East.ATTIRE/DRESS CODE:
Business casual, with professional dress required on occasion. Blue Skies of Texas employee ID badge or name tag must be worn at all times while on duty. See employee handbook for specific guidelines. It is the intention of Blue Skies of Texas to ensure that employees maintain a neat and professional appearance at all times while on duty.RANGE OF PAY:
Dependent upon qualifications and experience, with the intent to be competitive within the market.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro