Are you looking for a new best friend, card-game companion, or gardening guru? Then consider working with one of our light, bright, and beautiful Assisted Living and Memory Care communities – where our residents are #1 and our team members shine!
Frontier Management is seeking an outstanding Lifestyle Director to develop and promote a strong activity program for The Preserve at Woodland Hills Assisted Living & Memory Care community located in Woodland Hills, California. Demonstrated success as a leader in similar settings is required of the Lifestyle Director.
Position qualifies for Performance Based Bonus Programs! See below for more detail.
Frontier Management's portfolio of communities spans throughout the United States with each community sharing a commitment to superior service and quality lifestyle for our residents within their own unique setting. Frontier's mission is to provide an enriched and meaningful experience for our residents, team members, and community partners. If you are as committed and passionate about serving the needs of our senior residents as we are, we encourage you to apply and experience the Frontier Difference.
The Lifestyle Director will be responsible for the planning, implementation, and supervision of the day-to-day social, educational, recreational, spiritual, therapeutic individual and group activities, and entertainment and transportation services for the residents living at the community. This includes managing group activities, entertainment and providing transportation services for the residents living at the community. The Lifestyle Director must also be flexible and willing to work shift assigned, weekends, and holidays. Ability to work independently with minimum supervision; problem-solving, conflict management, budgeting.Primary Duties And Responsibilities
- Plan, implement and supervise activities to suit a variety of interests and skill levels for the residents using resident comments and input. Activities may include, but are not limited to: parties, games, weekly exercises, church services, book reading and clubs, crafts, baking and cooking, outside entertainment, travel and transportation, special activities at holidays, fundraisers for specific projects, and resident's birthdays and anniversaries
- Effectively encourage and actively promote resident participation in activities/social services through internal, formal and informal communication networks
- Plan "In-community" seminars or lecture series' quarterly for residents, families, and friends
- Involve and assist the Residents Council and Resident Meetings by playing a key role in their monthly meetings
- Participate in local activity planners association. Cooperate and exchange ideas and calendars with Lifestyle Directors in affiliated retirement communities
- Develop programs, activities, seminars, and lectures for the monthly calendar. Print, mail and post the activities calendars to keep all residents and the community aware of the activities going on at the community. Edit and publish the monthly newsletter. Distribute and mail to all residents, prospective residents, family members, community contacts, and employees to keep them informed of things going on at the community
- Assist at the front desk and cover for missing staff members when necessary
- Represent the community by giving tours and marketing the community as needed
- Perform such other tasks as may be required from time-to-time
- Must possess a current state-specific driver's license and appropriate driving record and have transportation at their disposal.
- A willingness to learn basic photography and writing for social media posts
- Good communication skills, verbal and written; English language skills adequate to allow communication with residents and staff, and to understand written and verbal instructions.
- Compassion for elderly.
The Lifestyle Director qualifies for Performance Based Bonus Programs! Frontier Management, LLC has two established Performance Based Bonus programs for our community’s Management team: The Exceeding Net Operating Income Bonus and the Marketing Bonus Program (Management Team). It is the goal of Frontier Management, LLC to award its employees for diligent efforts and outcomes which positively impact the Company and its future, including striving to control costs, maintaining high levels of resident satisfaction and reaching high census targets.
Frontier Management offers a competitive salary and a work environment that encourages initiative and fosters respect. Frontier Management, LLC offers medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D, Flexible Spending Account, Short Term Disability, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, and Hospital Indemnity Insurance. We also offer a 401(k) plan with a competitive Match program. To discover more about the Frontier Management team, please visit our site at www.frontiermgmt.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Drug-Free Workplace