Marketing and Special Events Intern –
Summer + Fall Semester 2023
The PDP is currently seeking to hire two Marketing + Special Events interns to join our team from May 2023 through December 2023, with a potential extension through Spring 2024 considered at the end of the initial internship. Current university students (sophomores, juniors, seniors) are strongly preferred. This is a paid internship with hybrid (virtual + in-person) experiences. Schedule will be primarily in-person with some virtual shifts scheduled as needed. This hybrid schedule is subject to change as PDP policy evolves.
Gain experience in marketing, communications, and special events while helping to promote the vitality of Downtown Pittsburgh and the region. The internship will provide the intern with valuable, real-world experience in marketing and communications, as well as the opportunity to assist in planning and execution of special events.
- Weekly e-Newsletter: Research events, write articles and organize photos for weekly e- newsletter
- Social media: Proactively write and create content for PDP’s Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn with fresh & interesting news, events, initiatives, etc.; keep up-to-date on the latest trends/applications for each outlet; research best practices and assist in creating analytic reports to identify trends
- Provide event planning support and assist in the execution of various PDP programs; including Farmers Market, Night Market, Picklesburgh, Market Square fitness and music activations, Light Up Night®, Holiday Market, and other events as required.
- Research and post events to the online events calendar
- Assist with various press releases and other writing projects
- Create and update contact lists
- Perform research and administrative tasks
- Assist with content creation, event staffing, and communications brainstorming with various PDP departments
- Willingness to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions including but not limited to heat, rain, and winter weather
- Ability to work hours outside of a regular workday, including but not limited to early mornings, late evenings, and weekends
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong customer service skills and comfort working with the general public
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize is essential
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Adobe Creative Suite and WordPress experience a plus but not required
- Experience or interest in utilizing various social media tools/platforms
Summer and Fall Semester 2023: Internship runs early May through end of December 2023
20 hours per week, Monday - Friday. Onsite event work will require occasional hours outside the normal work schedule including weekends and evenings.
$15.00 per hour. Upon request, PDP will provide the information necessary for this internship to count towards course credit if desired.
Resumes + Cover Letters for the Summer/Fall Semester 2023 internship will be accepted through April 3, 2023. One to three writing or content samples (blog posts, photography, social posts, graphic design, etc.) are preferred.
Submit resume, cover letter, and samples to:
Director of Special Events
Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership 307 Fourth Ave, Floor 2
Pittsburgh, PA 15222