A Precious Child, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides children in need with opportunities and resources to empower them to achieve their full potential. A Precious Child envisions a future where every child grows up to be a secure, self-reliant, contributing member of their community.
The Marketing Director will work directly with the Chief Executive Officer to create and execute the organization’s marketing plan. Candidate will also be responsible for storytelling, managing platform scheduling and analytics, email marketing campaigns, developing content, assisting at events and executing other marketing tasks as assigned.
The Marketing Director should display an advanced working familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, primarily InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Premiere. Candidate will also be detail oriented, a self-starter, social media savvy, a creative thinker, a team player, and a passionate content creator and storyteller.
· Develop and implement an integrated strategic marketing plan to advance brand identity, broaden awareness of A Precious Child and increase visibility across key stakeholder audiences
· Be an inspirational, passionate, energetic leader with the skill, vision and drive to take our organization to the next level
· Create compelling stories that accurately describe A Precious Child’s mission.
· Graphic design
· Create, update and edit production and design of printed materials for all of A Precious Child’s programming
· Create short videos and prepare photography and other media for publication and maintain digital media library
· Responsible for overseeing the creation of compelling videos (up to 10 minutes) that will accompany fundraising events/efforts
· Oversee the creation and management of peer to peer fundraising platforms
· Oversee the management of all social media platforms and community event calendars
· Oversee the management of the design, content and integrity of A Precious Child’s website
· Create and manage email newsletter, mailings, and all other external communications
· Create Annual Report
· Build out annual comprehensive marketing plan as it relates to campaigns, digital marketing, print ad campaigns, GoogleAds, targeted emails. I.E. Match 4 Mission, Giving Tuesday, Colorado Gives Day, Sponsor a Child, Program Campaigns, peer to peer campaigns, End of Year appeal and PerkUp marketing campaign.
· Copywriting for the entire organization, Copywriting of website includes SEO
· Implement and manage Google AdWords
· Manage Facebook Ad Campaigns
· Create integrated marketing campaigns based on market segments to gain new followers/donors and build repeat touch points
· Supervise the execution, monitoring and measurement of marketing campaigns and their success
· Paid and in-kind print ad campaigns
· Collect data and analytical reports of A Precious Child’s performance across platforms
· Form relationships and be main point of contact with various media outlets
· Effectively manage staff members and marketing volunteers to generate positive results
· Manage and nurture the Marketing staff, including hiring, onboarding and training and evaluating performance. Provide fair and consistent feedback through individual meetings and annual performance reviews. Ensure that all staff are accountable and follow organizational process and procedures.
· Contribute to continued growth of organization through team development and participation in senior leadership team discussions.
· Participate in Board and Committee meetings and serve as staff resource for the different Boards.
· Create atmosphere for outstanding teamwork through clear expectations and frequent communication.
· Mentor and coach direct reports to foster the Marketing Team’s collaborative environment.
· Ensure project management tools such as Monday are being effectively utilized by entire team.
· Other duties as assigned
· Passion for A Precious Child’s mission and vision
· 3 years or more of experience of direct work in organizational marketing
· 5 years or more of team management experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, advertising, mass communications, design or journalism is preferred
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Publisher)
· Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Lightroom and Premiere Pro)
· Website experience (WordPress is preferred)
· SEO and Google AdWords experience preferred but not required
· Raiser’s Edge Database experience preferred but not required
· Outstanding writing, editing, proofreading and verbal skills
· Passionate content creator and storyteller
· Self-motivated person with enthusiasm, positivity, tenacity and resilience with the ability to set and achieve goals, meet deadlines, resolve problems and perform a task with little supervision or direction
· Possesses excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills; the ability to work effectively with media, donors, corporate leaders, volunteers, clients and staff; displays mature judgment, superior diplomatic skills
· A strong track record of positioning an organization to stand out in a competitive fundraising environment
· Must be organized and able to manage priorities and deadlines effectively as well as competing demands and handle multiple duties simultaneously
· Experience creating integrated marketing and communications plans
· Experience creating and executing successful email campaigns
· Working knowledge of popular social media platforms
· Ability to evaluate effectiveness of marketing campaigns using analytics and other methods
· Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including occasional weekends and holidays.
· Occasional physical work is required. Must be able to lift 30 lbs. and work in a standing position for periods of time.