Director of Planning and Digital Strategy
The Office of Communications is responsible for the School’s brand standards, overall messaging, all print and digital publications, the Sidwell Friends website, video production, media relations, crisis communications and management, and parent relations and programs.
The Communications Coordinator serves a key role in a variety of important communications initiatives and in ensuring productive campus collaboration. An organized communications professional, she/he/they must be an experienced digital communicator willing to learn about and assist with website updates, broadcast emails, marketing programs, print production, and digital asset management. The coordination will be a liaison with key vendors, assist with office operations, and provide administrative support as needed.
The Communications Coordinator must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, with an ear and eye for great communications and marketing.Key Responsibilities
Production Coordination & Operations Support
- Manage updates to the Sidwell Friends website; work with campus partners to ensure content is accurate and updated on a regular basis.
- Manage the coordination with campus partners and production of our weekly campus newsletter, Quaker Notes.
- Manage coordination of broadcast emails to the community, including the uploading and maintenance of email distribution lists.
- Manage digital asset platforms and ensure accuracy and currency of tagging and data structures.
- Support the gathering and reporting of web analytics to help optimize digital communications.
- Assist with social media as needed.
Skills And Qualifications
- Manage relations with photographers, printers, and external vendors, including invoicing.
- Assist with intake of project requests, confer with the Chief Communications Officer and Directors on priorities.
- Support office operations by maintaining the marketing archive, monitoring the team email inbox, and tracking critical action items for the department.
- Provide occasional administrative support to the Chief Communications Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with digital communications, including hands-on understanding of CMS platforms.
- Must be a good writer; occasional proofing required.
- Strong sense of organization and highly reliable.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Experience using collaboration tools (e.g.: Asana, Slack, Google Drive, MS Office suite, Outlook).
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (i.e., InDesign, Illustrator, LightRoom, Bridge, and Photoshop) a plus.
- Prior education experience is a plus.
- A desire to learn and a sense of humor.
As a condition of employment, all employees who are employed with the school are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and able to provide proof of such vaccination. To make application for a medical or religious exemption, please contact the human resources department.
Applicants should upload a resume, cover letter and contact information for three professional references via our on-line application.