The Enrollment Coordinator role offers a unique opportunity to build the first PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) program in the District of Columbia within the framework of a supportive, innovative, and expert leadership team and company. Together with our coalition of strong partners within the community, the Enrollment Coordinator will help lead Edenbridge PACE at Skyland to have a transformative impact on a particularly underserved community.
Edenbridge PACE at Skyland is aiming to be the partner of choice for District seniors and their families living in Wards 7 and 8 to allow them to live dignified, meaningful lives and to remain in their own homes for as long as they desire. Six core principles drive our approach to care. These include:
- We prioritize autonomy: Frail seniors deserve the dignity of respect for their choices, large or small, with personalized care plans that align with their values and desires.
- We value lives meaningfully lived: We focus not just on the number of days people are alive, but on the number of days they are glad to be alive. We strive to provide more of what matters.
- We support de-medicalization: We recognize that too much medical care is no better than too little, and that medicine is the easy answer, not always the right answer.
- We plant deep roots in the community: We partner with those who know and are invested in their communities, bringing our expertise and leveraging their knowledge, services, and support.
- We employ technology thoughtfully: Technology can enhance what we do for patients, families, and care teams—but it can never replace the human element.
- We focus on positive variance: We aim to recognize, understand, and replicate a person’s best days, rather than simply reacting to their worst.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
The following essential functions of this position are performed personally, in cooperation with your supervisor, and/or in coordination with other staff. Additional work functions and duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates enrollment process with participants and participants’ family/caregiver, referral source and Skyland PACE team, including scheduling visit days to Skyland PACE, preparing narrative, and introducing visitor and/or participant to the team at morning meeting.
- Assists in marketing and outreach efforts in the development of the annual marketing plan, Skyland PACE newsletter, and any other outreach materials.
- Assists participants and families in the application process for Medicaid.
- Performs as a representative of Skyland PACE by performing outreach to community organizations and partners and participating on committees or in other meetings when appropriate.
- Provides initial telephone intake screening for potential participants, conducts tours of the Skyland PACE, and makes home visits to participants and families as part of intake process.
- Provides referral services for persons not appropriate for the program.
- Performs individual and group presentations to potential referral sources
- Communicates clearly and concisely with sensitivity to the needs of others.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- B.A. or B.S. in Human Services, Business or comparable combination of education and experience.
- Two years of health care experience working with frail and/or chronically ill elderly populations.
- Knowledge of enrollment practices and geriatric assessment skills.
- Knowledge of community resources available to seniors and their families.
- Experience in providing case management services, including motivational and/or clinical interviewing skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrate the ability to interact clearly and effectively with both internal and external customers.
- Experience working in Washington, DC and with District government entities.
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment background check.
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19
Powered by JazzHR