Develops and implements a variety of communication strategies to raise awareness of the AACN Essentials among key stakeholders and promotes Essentials implementation efforts and resources.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a comprehensive communication strategy to reach deans, faculty, students, practice partners, and other stakeholders with news, resources, and opportunities related to implementing the AACN Essentials.
- Work with the Essentials Implementation Team to stay abreast of priorities and emerging issues related to the Essentials and identify communication needs.
- Work with the Communications Team to coordinate Essentials outreach efforts with other program areas and identify opportunities for synergy.
- Prepare a high volume of Essentials-focused communications, including web content, weekly updates, quarterly Board reports, social media messages, webinar and training promotions, newsletter articles, and correspondence with Essentials Champions and committee members.
- Coordinate all video productions related to the Essentials, which includes developing scripts, scheduling interviews, and working with vendors.
- Manage peer-review process for items submitted by faculty for inclusion in the web-based Essentials Teaching Resource database.
- Work with faculty at AACN member schools to develop Essentials implementation spotlights and highlight success stories.
- Research and recommend new channels and opportunities to reach target audiences, including podcasting, exhibiting at conferences, and hosting special events.
- Monitor the Essentials Discussion Corner to identify trending issues and concerns and coordinate responses as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Background /Skills / Abilities Required
AACN promotes higher education; therefore, a Baccalaureate degree is required, master’s preferred.
At least 3-5 years of communications and project management experience, preferably in an association.
Experience with writing, editing, and proofreading is required; experience with web content development and social media is highly desirable.
Must be highly organized, detail oriented, flexible, and collaborative, and have strong interpersonal skills.
Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Familiar with Survey Monkey, Wufoo, or similar survey software. Familiarity with standard office equipment and practices including use of computers, email etiquette, phones, photocopiers, filing and organizing.
Please note: (Flexible Hybrid Work Schedule) Position is currently a combination of in-office and remote, Ability to work onsite in DC office.