The Los Angeles Conservancy seeks a motivated Communications Assistant who is passionate about Los Angeles’ history and preserving the county’s architecturally and culturally significant historic resources. The Communications Assistant must be a strong communicator who appreciates the rich diversity of Los Angeles and shares the Conservancy’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Communications Assistant supports the Conservancy’s fast-paced team, helping develop, coordinate, and execute communication and marketing strategies that promote the organization, programs, advocacy issues, membership, and other initiatives. We’re looking for a creative communicator with a positive can-do attitude who is comfortable working independently or collaboratively and has excellent communication and organizational skills. The position is a non-exempt full-time that reports to the Director of Communications.
Please submit a cover letter with your resume.
Digital (Website, Email, and Social)
- Supports daily social media activity, including conducting research, drafting copy, and scheduling social media posts
- Helps create graphics for web, email, and social media
- Helps manage social media calendar
- Monitors social media activity and trends and assists with community management
- Supports Communications team in capturing photography and video at events
- Updates website content as needed
- Drafts and edits and assembles e-newsletters and email communications
- Assists in production of print projects as assigned
- Helps coordinate delivery of print projects
Communications and Public Relations
- Provides copywriting, copyediting, and proofreading support
- Helps maintain and manage newsletter and photography archive
- Contributes to merchandising initiatives
- Monitors, archives, and tracks press coverage
- Submits calendar and online directory listings
- Assists in pulling, analyzing, and reporting on data, as needed
- Provides administrative support for Communications activities, as needed
- Provides coverage at special events, including some evenings and weekends
- Other duties as assigned
- Passion for preserving L.A.’s historic places
- Strong writer who knows how to communicate with diverse stakeholders
- Creative, strategic, and resourceful
- Two-to-three years of relevant professional experience
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Canva, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign).
- Flexibility; willingness to pitch in on other projects as needed
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- At least one year of social media production experience (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram)
- Familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style
- Experience producing/creating visual assets for use in marketing collateral
- Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
- Experience with CRM, like Salesforce, and email marketing systems
- Comfortable with project management tools, such as Asana
This job is a hybrid of remote and in-person work for the indefinite future. This job entails moving up to 10-15lbs for event setup and breakdown.
The Conservancy provides excellent benefits, including health, dental, and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan with 5% match (after one year of continuous employment); paid holidays and vacation.
USD $46,000 - USD $52,000 / year