The Marketing and Communications Coordinator’s primary responsibilities include the development and implementation of promotions and media relations for the museum and its programs, including the creation and implementation of marketing events for both members and the general public.
Qualifications (Ideal candidate would have)
*B.A. in marketing, communications, or related field
*Experience in marketing planning and an understanding of marketing basics
*Execute strategic direction and development support tools
*Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Publisher
*Experience with Google analytics, website editors, social media platforms
*Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, make decisions, and be flexible
*Attention to detail with the ability to maintain professionalism under pressure
*Exceptional skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
*Excellent communications skills in both oral and written content
*Ability to work with a wide range of individuals with a positive, friendly attitude
*Willingness to advocate for the museum, its events, activities, and mission
- Follow the museum’s plan for uniformity in message and presentation, including branding, templates, tag lines, and logo usage. (Manage branding standards)
- Identify, develop, and evaluate marketing strategy yearly, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, and current marketing plans.
- Manage the museum’s marketing budget.
- Formulate, direct, and coordinate marketing activities and policies to promote products and services, working with advertising and promotion organizations.
- Design, co-create, or oversee marketing pieces and materials.
- Negotiate contracts with third party advertising forums, media buys.
- Maintain database of advertising contacts and media contacts.
- Invite media to regional events and serves as onsite media contact.
- Initiate media opportunities including on-air interviews and feature stories.
- Ensure valid, accurate content, including website, press releases, and media kits.
- Analyze the success of current marketing strategies, then adjust as necessary.
- Use the following marketing strategies to promote the museum: Digital & online marketing, Promotion, Branding, Media, Market research, Advertising
· Implement the museum’s communication strategies and work toward maintaining and improving WMMI’s public image.
· Develop and follow timelines for pre-set communication and publication schedule.
· Systematic planning, implementing, monitoring of all the channels of communication between the museum, media, and partner organizations.
· Disseminate new communications connected with the museum, including sending information to social media channels and other communication platforms.
· Write and distribute press releases to television, radio, websites, and newspapers.
· Produce museum newsletter for online and/or postage distribution.
· Write and edit online articles for museum’s website and associated local blogs.
· Maintain the museum’s website, make changes as needed.
· Use basic desktop publishing, graphic design, photo editing, and more to communicate museum events and info.
· Maintain organizations' communication records, including developing and maintaining media contacts, spreadsheets and meeting coordination.
· Respond to information requests from workers, shareholders and the public.
Expectations of all staff members, you shall be able to:
· Enthusiastically explain and advocate for the mission and vision of the WMMI
· Contribute to a respectful, constructive work environment
· Be available for most special events, especially all of October