**This position is located in Washington, DC. Local commuting to onsite is required. There is no relocation assistance provided.**
With headquarters in Washington DC, our goal at FINCA International is to provide people in poverty around the world with the tools they need to succeed. We are a nearly 40-year-old non-profit with the feel of a start-up as we launch ourselves from our comfort zone of microfinance into the broader world of social enterprise. And we are looking for a new team member to help steward our relationship with existing supporters and cultivate new audiences.
You are a great storyteller and social media maven. You have considerable experience with multiple social media platforms and want to learn more. You are comfortable writing and curating content that appeals to a broad audience. And you want to expand your responsibilities and knowledge base to the fuller range of digital marketing channels.
Social Media & Content Creation (40%)
- Lead day-to-day social media posting and community management on FINCA’s social media platforms– Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter (and any potential new platforms), including curating and creating relevant content, engaging with audiences and influencers, and extending FINCA’s reach.
- Adapt FINCA’s existing content strategy to all social media platforms, contributing to the development of a clear and informed social media strategy.
- Assess and explore new social media platforms that could be of value to FINCA.
Storytelling & Publishing (35%)
- Regularly contribute donor-centric content, conveying FINCA’s story and impact effectively, for print newsletter and blog.
- Produce quarterly print and monthly digital newsletters.
- Ensure that FINCA’s fact sheets and other basic print and digital collateral are up to date.
- Produce President & CEO’s donor-focused communications, including but not limited to writing blogs, posting on social media, producing a podcast, or any other desired communication outlet.
Direct Mail Production Management (15%)
- Review and approve copy and artwork of all direct mail pieces to ensure compliance with FINCA’s content strategy and direct marketing messaging guidelines.
- Write customized text for acknowledgement letters to each direct mail appeal.
- Support development of print collateral for FINCA’s corporate and major gift audiences.
Communications Strategy & Administration (10%)
- Track and report on KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) of FINCA International’s website and social media properties.
- Support the development of the organization’s annual marketing and communications strategy.
- Administer the FINCA Global Brand Center, a digital asset management tool.
- At least 1+ years of experience supporting communications or brand marketing. (Can include strong internship experiences)
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, business administration, or a related field.
- Strong experience (personal, professional, or a combination of both) across various social media platforms. Knowledge of Sprout Social a plus.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Adobe Suite or comparable programs, WordPress CMS, graphics design, or video editing would be a major value-add.
- 100% fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second language is also a plus.
Framing (Oral + Written Communication)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate new ideas and concepts into tangible and compelling pieces through powerful and energetic storytelling.
- Ability to adapt writing styles for multifaceted audiences, including persuasive impact stories for donors and clever and engaging posts.
- Ability to transform data and insights into a linear and persuasive story.
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information and uses data to inform business decisions.
- Proactively audits all programs and initiatives.
• Generates suggestions for improving work and meets challenges with resourcefulness.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: <5% of time
Availability to travel domestically or internationally and on weekends if needed.
Ability to travel in economy class when traveling by air or rail.
Applicants can also send cover letters and resumes to: email@example.com