Industry Dive, a division of Informa Tech, is a leading business journalism company. More than 12 million decision-makers across 26 competitive industries rely on its exclusive insight and analysis delivered through 29 publications. Industry Dive was founded in 2012 to provide business leaders with the information they need to move industries forward. Our team of reporters, editors, designers, and marketers delivers insights and programs that spark innovation, fuel growth and shape agendas in every industry we cover.
Marketing Program Associate
Industry Dive helps business leaders stay ahead of the curve by producing the business world’s most respected journalism. From new business models and strategies to regulatory impacts and technological breakthroughs, industry executives trust our 26+ publications to dive deep into the issues that matter most in their markets.
As an Entry Level Marketing Program Associate, you will play a vital role in the growth of our company by being the face of our brand and the driving force behind our sales efforts. You will be responsible for the full sales cycle, from initial outreach to final close, and will be the first point of contact for potential clients. This means you will be the one to identify and nurture leads, build relationships, and ultimately close deals.
But your role doesn't stop there! You will also play a key role in supporting retention and renewals. This means that you will be responsible for ensuring that our current clients are happy and satisfied with our content marketing services, and that they continue to do business with us. This will require excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong, long-lasting relationships. You're provided freedom and ownership of a specific section of our business. We work hard to make sure you learn about business, media, the sales process, marketing, and more. Because digital and content marketing is growing exponentially, this is a great industry to start your career. We encourage recent graduates to apply if you are seeking new skills and have a drive to pave your own success.
What you will learn:
- Excellent professional communication skills that can charm even the most skeptical of prospects, you'll be able to build trust and establish valuable relationships with clients.
- Mastering the art of negotiation and discounting best practices, you'll be able to close deals that others only dream of.
- Running a sale from beginning to close, you'll be the driving force behind our sales efforts, taking charge of the process from lead generation to contract signing.
- Navigating complex marketing organizations, you'll be able to identify and capitalize on opportunities that others miss.
- Keeping your finger on the pulse of the world of digital, B2B, and content marketing, you'll be able to stay ahead of the curve, ensuring our sales strategy is always on point.
What you can bring to the table:
- A keen sense of self-motivation and resolve to find success
- The ability to develop strong relationships
- A craving to learn and explore new ideas, skills, knowledge, and experiences
- A fascination with marketing and consumer behavior
- A desire to learn about sales and the process of persuading potential customers to purchase a product or service
- 1+ years of experience in sales and business development, with a focus on building and maintaining relationships through various means such as internships, part-time work, or volunteering.
- The ability to communicate effectively - excellent writing skills and oral communication skills featuring active listening
- Ability to multitask in a busy environment and stay organized
- Comfortable speaking with people on the phone and reaching out to decision makers and asking for business
- Competitive compensation package with pay range of $45,000 to $75,000, inclusive of commission opportunities with no cap on earning potential.
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritizes promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- Unlimited PTO, 10 national holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Paid parental leave
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- ESPP - become a shareholder
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here