Position type: Part time
Pay range: Competitive
Location: Remote/New York (New York based preferred but nor required)
Work arrangement: 20 hours a week - Occasional additional hours may be required subject to the needs of the business
If you wish to apply for this role, please apply with a cover letter, resume and 3-5 examples of the social media work (on any relevant platform) you are the most proud of to email@example.com
Why join us?
Den of Geek is a media company which publishes a website, magazine, social channels and specialty video covering entertainment with a focus on movies, TV, Video games, and books. Our newsletter delivers the hottest pop culture news to individuals daily. We specialize in establishing a wide variety of entertainment news, reviews, interviews, and features. We produce daily video content ranging from celebrity interviews and exclusive entertainment previews to critical takes and movie trailer analyses. The company has enjoyed continuous growth since being founded in 2007 and has built a team of employees throughout the United States and United Kingdom.
You’ll be a creative, organized social editor with a gift for crafting engaging and effective copy and adept at taking existing content and repurposing it in appropriate, platform-specific ways. You’ll be passionate about entertainment and have the desire to celebrate it and share it with others. You have ninja level social media skills. You live and breathe and embrace the creativity that its platforms bring you.
You’ll be as focused on finding creative, collaborative ways of driving engagement and will be able to work across multiple teams at Den of Geek to amplify and celebrate our editorial output and create original content. This role is part of and reports into the Audience Development team.
- Create engaging social copy and content that delivers key messages and accurately portrays brand tone of voice
- Work with the wider Audience Development and Editorial teams to shape and inform social media strategy
- Execute the social media strategy
- Work on executing best practices against that strategy
- Be the day-to-day relationship owner with our social audiences, keeping them engaged and enthused by our content
- Excited to act and communicate with followers as the face and voice of our brand and manage all community conversations
- Identify and manage influencer relationships on behalf of the company brand
- Good analytical skills and the ability to review social media analytics, metrics, and reporting to drive decisions
- Aid in sourcing and managing social contributors
- Able to prioritize projects in order of importance as well as confidence in managing your own projects
- Build relationships with the editorial, commercial and brand partnership teams to support wider business understanding and insights development
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and is able to respond and develop engaging & unique response content of a high standard at a fast pace
- Strong communications skills and the ability to engage with people at all levels within the organization
- Strong copywriting and grammar skill and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, or a related field.
- Stay updated with digital technology and social media trends
- Be a self starter who can hit the ground running in an exciting and rewarding environment
- Keep an ear to the ground, think of new and engaging ways to promote brand
- Engagement is key, and you will have a sound understanding of using social media insights and metrics to shape and inform future content plans
- Creative suite experience (Adobe or Photoshop)
- Experience with video editing software. Final Cut or Adobe Premiere a plus
- Prior experience working with a social media scheduling tool would also be beneficial
- A passion for pop culture and what Den of Geek stands for