About Digital Promise Global
Digital Promise Global is an independent, bipartisan 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission to spur innovation to advance equity and improve the opportunity to learn. Positioned at the intersection of educators, entrepreneurs, and researchers, Digital Promise Global identifies, develops, and promotes strategies to improve education and provide people with the knowledge and skills needed to compete in the global economy. Digital Promise centers our work in equity and values and rewards inclusivity, collaboration, and innovation.About The Center For Inclusive Innovation
The Center for Inclusive Innovation, launched in 2020 as a Digital Promise center of excellence, is designed to lead the effort by supporting school districts and communities in transforming education by employing an inclusive R&D approach – Inclusive Innovation. The work we support is wholly embedded within schools working in partnership with communities and are led by those who are most impacted by the challenges. By employing a model of Inclusive Innovation, our work is designed to spur systems change by engaging districts in deep collaborations with the students and families to co-design solutions that are anchored in their highest needs. Over the past 2 years, we have been facilitating this work with over 40 school districts on topics ranging from data interoperability to mental health to retention and recruitment of teachers of color, adolescent writing and classroom discourse.
We engage in this work with the League of Innovative Schools. The League of Innovative Schools is Digital Promise’s flagship network—a robust and dynamic group of more than 150 forward-thinking school districts representing more than 4 million students across 34 states. League members are committed to working together to improve student outcomes and solve the challenges facing K-12 schools through innovative learning strategies, learning technology and research. The League of Innovative Schools works to validate, champion, and scale innovative learning opportunities to advance equity and excellence for all learners.About The Position
The Communications Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the Center for Inclusive Innovation’s work is accessible, engaging, and relevant to a wide range of audiences – including educators, communities, entrepreneurs, researchers, policy makers and education thought leaders. The Communications Manager will execute the strategic plan for communications, advocacy and field engagement with the goal of elevating the national profile of the Center as a national leader advancing equity and excellence in education through education R&D. The Communications Manager will be responsible for creating communications messaging and tools, drafting powerful stories of the projects and the work, identifying and disseminating resources through all internal and external channels (organic and paid), including through social media, newsletter and other marketing and communications outreach vehicles.
The Communications Manager will report to the Digital Promise Director of Communications and work closely with the Chief Inclusive Innovation Officer and the Director of Systems and Operations Strategy in support of communications for the Center for Inclusive Innovation.Responsibilities:.
The Communications Manager will implement the Center’s strategic communications, advocacy, and field engagement vision and plan to include:
- Collaborate with the Director of Communications and CII leadership to manage all Center for Inclusive Innovation communications, advocacy, marketing, and social media efforts
- Develop and manage the communications and engagement plan with an emphasis on reaching audiences through new channels/vehicles and collaborations
- Develop and manage the Center’s editorial calendar, to include the creation of stories, articles, videos and other communications assets
- Work in partnership with Digital Promise Communications and CII leadership on the development and implementation of external communications efforts, including press releases, press pitches, website updates, newsletters, blog posts, and social media.
- Manage all internal communications, including email, social media, and virtual platforms
- Act as a liaison between the CII and Communications teams to ensure that the Center’s priorities and core messages are incorporated into organization-wide communications efforts
- Work closely with the Senior Communications Manager League of Innovative Schools (Networks) team to determine opportunities for integrated communications to share the CII work with the League and engage districts in Inclusive Innovation
- Collaborate with the CII team to research, plan, and execute public field events, including the Center’s annual convening
- Manage event and communication platforms, such as Swapcard and Sched
At Digital Promise, we also seek candidates with:
- Bachelor's degree, plus five years of relevant experience in implementing communications – education sector experience preferred
- Excellent communication and writing skills (samples required)
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience in developing social campaigns, writing compelling social content and managing social media accounts
- A commitment to advocating for equity in education and an understanding of communicating to diverse audiences
- Experience managing communications projects and delivering outputs on time and on budget
- Experience working with and managing multiple external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage competing tasks, deadlines, requirements, and decisions
- Strong interpersonal, listening, and collaboration skills
- A passion for students and educators, a team-oriented mindset, creative thinking, and a self-starting, positive attitude
- Ability to travel to education events and conferences
- A passion for lifelong learning, a team mentality, creativity, and a positive “can-do” “yes-and” spirit.
- A strong commitment to improving equity and accessibility in education
- A commitment to anti-racist approaches to our work
- Diverse life experiences
- An interest in redesigning learning systems
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional team members to ensure information is shared, projects are completed on time, and goals are reached.
The full-time salary range for the Communications Manager position is between $70,000- $90,000 with exact salary depending on experience.To Apply
Please apply and submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Applicants are encouraged to submit their materials as soon as possible. Review will be on a rolling basis until the search is successful.
Digital Promise is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.