Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
We are looking for a Deputy Editor (DE) to join our growing Content team. This role will own content creation for our daily newsletter, from approving news story ideas in the morning to editing and submitting the newsletter to compliance in the late afternoon –and everything in between. The DE will also assist the Senior Managing Editor in creating different content types (long-form articles, short-form app content, video scripts, etc.) across a variety of personal finance verticals.. This involves content development, assigning and managing the editing of stories, scheduling content updates to keep content fresh, and working collaboratively with our cross-functional partners, including SEO strategists and compliance reviewers.
Additionally, the DE will be ideating on ways to improve engagement rates for our app as well as our articles and newsletter –and help us continue to reach our goal of educating and informing members with independent and fact-based content to help them get their money right.What you’ll do:
Reporting to the Senior Managing Editor, this role will...
What you’ll need:
- Own our daily newsletter content creation, being responsible for planning content and editing news stories and all components of the newsletter
- Stay on top of economic, business news, government news with an eye out for how it will affect our members and what they need to know
- Review SEO story ideas and briefs and assign them to freelance writers
- Schedule article updates based on seasonality, news, or needs of the company
- Manage freelancers and bring in new writers and editors when needed
- Monitor and ensure we are hitting monthly and quarterly content goals
- Create and execute plans to update articles to boost them in search rank when needed
- Work with the greater team to brainstorm and implement strategies across content types to drive engagement and acquisition
- Work cross-functionally with our compliance, SEO, and web departments
- Develop processes to improve quality control at scale
- Navigate the complexities of creating content in highly-regulated industries
Compensation And Benefits
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of professional editing and assigning experience, including at least one year covering business news or personal finance
- Experience writing/editing under deadline pressure
- Creativity (lots of ideas), agile thinking, and a nose for news
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Manager experience
- Familiarity with content-creation best practices
- Knowing what does and doesn’t engage readers
- Newsletter experience, Google Analytics. and/or product experience are pluses
- Video and podcast experience are also pluses
The base pay range for this role is listed below. Final base pay offer will be determined based on individual factors such as the candidate’s experience, skills, and location.
To view all of our comprehensive and competitive benefits, visit our Benefits at SoFi
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
New York applicants: Notice of Employee Rights
SoFi is committed to embracing diversity. As part of this commitment, SoFi offers reasonable accommodations to candidates with physical or mental disabilities. If you need accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, please let your recruiter know or email email@example.com.
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.