Highland Electric Fleets is the market leader in vehicle electrification-as-a-service, focusing on school, municipal and other government agency fleets. We’ve done the most, and largest, deals in our space and we are growing rapidly. Our full-service offering reduces the cost and complexity of electrification, delivering positive impacts to a broad spectrum of stakeholders and accelerating a key element of the clean energy transition.
Our mission is to eliminate the barriers to better student health and a cleaner environment. We aim to mitigate risk for our customers, increase electric school bus market penetration, and deliver positive impacts across a broad spectrum of stakeholders: students, communities, school districts, fleet operators, manufacturers, and utilities.
Content Marketing Manager
Location: Remote / Hybrid Work Structure
Employment: Full Time
Highland is looking for a Content Marketing Manager who combines creativity and strategic thinking with exceptional writing skills and the ability to distill complex ideas into everyday language. The electrification-as-a-service industry is young: as the most experienced provider in the sector, Highland has the opportunity to establish itself as an industry leader by producing engaging, educational content that delivers value to potential and existing customers.
As a member of the growing Marketing team, you’ll be responsible for developing our content strategy, executing that strategy, analyzing, and reporting on the results, and iterating as needed. At Highland, the content strategy will involve a broad variety of channels and tactics: the Content Marketing Manager will work on materials including (but not limited to) messaging, webinars, blogs, sales collateral, press releases, newsletters, whitepapers, and case studies, speaking and award applications, and post-sale customer content.
This is a highly cross-functional role that reports to the Head of Marketing. You’ll get the opportunity to collaborate with teams working in all aspects of the business and become an expert in fleet electrification in the process. A strong candidate will have experience or express a strong interest in EVs, climate change mitigation, energy, project finance, education, or related industries.
- Assess company needs and goals and develop overall content strategy for Highland based on company goals and stakeholders.
- Develop creative content ideas relevant to market developments & of interest to customers.
- Suggest new ways to promote company offerings and reach potential and existing customers.
- Collaborate with the Digital Marketing Associate on content strategy for web and social.
- Work with Customer Support to develop post-sale customer communications and content strategy (and materials).
- Regularly review company messaging and update as needed.
- Work closely with teams across Highland -- Sales, Origination, Market Development, Legal, and HR -- to deliver content around topical, educational content that engages and delights target audiences.
- Develop and maintain a content calendar. Manage partner requests for case studies, whitepapers, etc.
- Write, review, edit, and update content, including: corporate collateral; videos; blog; dealer newsletter; sales enablement materials (e.g., one-pagers, case studies, whitepapers); contributed articles; and webinars.
- Work with the Digital Marketing Associate to report on the results of content (e.g., blog performance, newsletter opens, etc.) and implement modifications if needed.
- 2-3 years of experience creating high-quality content
- Exceptional writing skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally, influence without authority, and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Successful track record of creating engaging, impactful content
- A strategic thinker – able to break down and simplify complex problems & industries
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented – able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Flexible and able to pivot to new projects at short notice
- Experience in EVs, climate change mitigation, energy, project finance, education, or related industries (preferred but not required)
- a competitive base salary
- performance-based bonus program with a leading, high growth entrepreneurial company
- stock compensation
- 100% paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) and 401(k) match
- Generous vacation, sick time, and holiday time off
Please email your resume to email@example.com
Highland Electric Fleets provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Highland Electric Fleets complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.