Industry Dive is a leading business journalism company. Nearly 14 million decision-makers across 25+ competitive industries rely on its exclusive insight and analysis delivered through 29 publications. Industry Dive was founded in 2012 to provide business leaders with the information they need to move industries forward. Our team of reporters, editors, designers, and marketers delivers insights and programs that spark innovation, fuel growth and shape agendas in every industry we cover. Acquired by Informa in September 2022, we joined forces to scale, grow and develop our audiences with expanded high-quality business journalism and events, adding value and new opportunities for our readers and clients.
Industry Dive is seeking a motivated, results-oriented Sr. Event Marketing Manager. Drive awareness, ignite action, and convert target audiences for our in-person and virtual events across our portfolio of media brands and industries. You’ll lead and manage the development and execution of multi-channel audience acquisition campaigns using data-driven insight and past marketing experiences.
Stellar creativity and copywriting skills are a must for this role, as are solid project management skills. You’ll work on brand messaging, outbound campaigns, audience segmentation and journey, event data, digital advertising, social media and more.
The Sr. Event Marketing Manager will work in close partnership with GM of events, fellow marketers, product, sales and content/editorial teams to meet event registration, attendance and revenue goals. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience leading B2B marketing campaigns with an emphasis on in-person and virtual events. The role will report to the VP of Marketing.
- Develop, manage and execute strategic, data-driven marketing plans that result in hard transactions and conversions with target audiences for physical/digital events and products
- Cross-promote and sell relevant products and services to target market audiences
- Expand audience marketing opportunities by creating and managing programs with media partners, industry leaders, bloggers, associations, speakers and exhibitors
- Regularly review marketing plans, response rates, audience demographics, and industry best practices to ensure marketing efforts are effective, efficient and successful, making recommendations and adjustments as appropriate
- Work with the General Manager, editors and content directors, sales team, product, audience and other marketers to develop strategy, positioning and key messages for events
- Partner closely with Sales and product to increase revenue opportunities from audiences and vendors
- Coordinate with the Audience and Lead Promotion Teams on reader outreach and communication optimization
- Manage community building and social media strategies that drive engagement, interaction, brand affinity, and improve the audience’s event experience
- Manage content marketing strategy around events to ensure communications across channels accurately reflect positioning and key messaging
- Implement initiatives to enhance attendee experience at physical events including attendee orientation, on-site programs, and overall experience design
- Experience in event marketing
- Track record of success in meeting or exceeding goals by utilizing digital and social media marketing strategies, especially in paid media and performance marketing
- Experience with managing event promotion budget
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment while balancing strategic, tactical and analytical responsibilities
- Strong verbal/written communication and project management skills
- Self-motivated with ability to manage up and across multiple teams and individuals
- Experience and comfort with data capture and analysis, database marketing and research
- Ability to balance tactical executional requirements with high-level strategic thinking
- Experience with event marketing technology platforms
- BA/BS required
The salary range for this role is $85,000-$110,000 based on experience.
Not all candidates will check all of the requirements listed above, and that’s OK — we still want to hear from you. Industry Dive strives to provide an inclusive and welcoming environment, and applicants who belong to traditionally underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Industry Dive is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
If you feel comfortable doing so please feel free to note which pronouns you use in your application (for example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, ze/zir/zirs, etc.)
Industry Dive will not be able to sponsor applicants for work visas.