The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) Coordinator will assist the DE&I Team with administering DE&I related programs and relationships inclusive of: PDL & MiLB cultural and DE&I related programming, ERG events and planning, recruiting initiatives and partnerships, coordinating of MLB industry events (ASG and Winter Meetings).
The selected candidate will report to the Director, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The selected candidate for this dynamic position will provide coordination, planning, and assistance in the following core areas of responsibility:
- MiLB/PDL DE&I cultural engagements and activations.
- PDL DE&I Committee quarterly meetings and programming.
- Coordinate league-wide meetings and messaging.
- Support content and construction of TOGETHER Newsletter with MiLB/PDL Marketing team.
- Ensure prioritization of projects and initiatives with DE&I department’s overall strategic objectives.
- Manage resume database from recruiting initiatives providing candidates to MLB and MiLB Clubs.
Basic Qualifications And Skills For Consideration
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-3 years of experience managing DE&I initiatives for a corporate entity or similar capacity
- Strong working knowledge of DE&I best practices and emerging trends
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong project management skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent data management skills
- Excellent computer skills - advanced level Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Google documents
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills - interact well with co-workers at all levels
Demonstrate An Ability To
- Foster effective teamwork, communication, and engagement across multiple groups with competing priorities.
- Establish yourself and become a trusted team member.
- Collaborate effectively exhibiting objectivity and openness to others' views and valuing different viewpoints.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholder groups.
Major League Baseball (MLB) is the most historic of the major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada. Employees love working at MLB because of the culture of growth, teamwork, and professionalism. Employees who are most successful at MLB take initiative, know how to identify problems and provide solutions, and always put the Team first. For those ready to step up to the plate and join the Major Leagues, MLB takes the same approach as teams do with their players: empowering our “workforce athletes” to be at their best by engineering experiences that put employees in the best position to succeed. Major League Baseball is looking for candidates who are passionate about growing America’s pastime to best serve its fans for decades to come.
MLB’s vision is to be the global sport of choice for youth to play, fans of all backgrounds to enjoy and a desired destination for employment. With a belief that the journey to growth and greatness is ongoing, MLB gives employees the opportunity to continue learning and honing their skills with programs such as: tuition reimbursement; mentorship programs; lunch and learns; online course subscriptions; paid industry certifications; business resource groups; and more.
MLB provides its employees with exceptional medical, dental, and vision coverage. Premiums are 100% employer covered to help employees focus on being their best!
Are you ready to Step Up to the Plate? Apply below!
Major League Baseball is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Per the NYC pay transparency law, the hiring range for this position is $56,000 - $65,000.
As a candidate for this position, your salary and related elements of compensation will be contingent upon your work experience, education, skills and any other factors Major League Baseball (MLB) considers relevant to the hiring decision. In addition to your salary, MLB believes in providing a competitive compensation and benefits package for its employees. MLB offers employees a full range of best in class benefits with no employee contributions towards medical, dental, and vision coverage premiums, as well as incentive and recognition programs, life insurance and automatic employer 401k contributions. All benefits are subject to eligibility requirements and the terms of official plan documents which may be modified or amended from time to time.
California Residents: Have you reviewed our CCPA policy?
California Consumer Privacy Act Policy