As the Manager, Catalog Marketing, you will report to the Head of Catalog and work closely with the Manager, Catalog Audience Development. You will be directly responsible for developing strategies for key projects & artists based on insights.
The goal for this role, is to help our artists connect better with their audiences across the globe, with special focus on dynamic expansion of Sony Music Latin (SML) catalog. She/he will play critical role in maximizing the success of our releases by leading the process of goal setting & performance tracking, spearheading cross-functional efforts for priority releases and recommending necessary interventions especially on early stages.What you'll do:
Who you are:
- Develop and lead execution of outcome-oriented consumer and data-driven strategies for catalog:
- Pro-actively expand audience for artists and for platforms
- Develop and nurture fan communities around artists & genres
- Create experimentation sand-box/lab that will develop, test and optimize new/different marketing and communication tools, approaches, and types of content
- Turn management of catalog into a compelling reason for artists to sign/re-sign with the label
- Develop commercial strategies (distribution, support, play-listing, assets creation) aimed at growing catalog consumption in key digital accounts and partner with Digital Sales team to deliver them.
- Branded assets development: Create SML owned branded assets targeted at reaching specific audience and promoting section of catalog centered on genre/sub-genre/group of artists. Brand would have a clear target, communication strategy, social presence (likely with own social assets) and presence on platforms incl. playlists.
- Work with Business Intelligence and Finance on reporting and creation of analytic projects.
- Manage Sony Latin content (Audio & Video) thru Optimization and digitalization.
- Promotional video materials – interviews, BTS, teasers
- Promotional vehicles creation: Collaboration / production of podcasts, digital/terrestrial radio programs, development and distribution of visual/written content related to catalog tracks and artists (artists, events, genre, era/decade anniversary focused) articles, blogs, newsletter, social and website publications.
- Calendar management
- Drive consumption based on in-depth understanding of seasonality and audience triggers.
What we give you:
- 3-5 years’ of recent experience in entertainment business, preferably working with Latin music genres.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Market Research, Analytics, Business Administration, Music or related discipline from an accredited university is required, Masters/MBA is preferred.
- Knowledge of Latin Music Preferred.
- Understanding of Streaming platforms including: Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, SoundCloud, Deezer, Pandora, etc.
- Strong Relationship management skills.
- Successful track record of working with digital sales/accounts, developing artists, managing track/album releases.
- Must be a team player, passionate and selfless collaborator, inspiring team leader effectively driving agenda across the organization and with external stakeholders, with outstanding collaboration skills.
- Must have a proven track record of prioritizing tasks and effectively managing multiple projects at the same time.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including: PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Word.
- Must be proficient at clearly and concisely communicating strategies and plans to diverse stakeholders.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required.
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law .