The Entry Leve
l Communications Assistant
will assist the OPRE communication team with scheduling social media content, posting new publications to the OPRE website, creating internal and external newsletters, and other communications related activities as assigned.Responsibilities:
Why work for us?
- Schedule social media content using Buffer or similar social media content scheduling platform
- Prepare a weekly office newsletter using Campaign Monitor (or similar email marketing platform) and other email communications as assigned
- Create new publication landing pages in Drupal (or similar website content management system) and coordinate review with staff and colleagues
- Coordinate the review of website pages and make ad-hoc website updates as assigned
- Assist federal staff with communications management activities (e.g., tracking publication review, taking notes during meetings, preparing agendas, scheduling meetings, records management, etc.)
- Assist with formatting and designing publications, graphics, and other deliverables
- Provide support for conference and webinar communication
- Provide internal communications support (e.g., internal email communications and mailbox inquiries, internal event planning and support, etc.)
- Provide 508 remediation support to colleagues as assigned (training will be provided)
- Provide ad-hoc communications support on special projects
- Assist with creating short videos and taking staff headshots as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Robust employee benefits package beginning on 1st of the month following hire date including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401(k) with 5% employer matching- immediate vesting!
- Flexible time off program including 3 weeks of paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Opportunities for professional development
- Employee-centric work culture including company sponsored events, happy hours, and team-building opportunities, frequent communications/information sharing from Leadership, supportive and positive teamwork environment, “open door” policy, etc.