We’re hiring a Brand Strategy Manager.
About our team and what we’ll build together
The Brand Strategy team at theSkimm is a group of experienced, creative and resourceful hustlers who are relentless in their pursuit to grow the number of amazing brands and clients we partner with. We’re seeking an enthusiastic Brand Strategist who is eager to contribute to our growing media business by working cross-functionally on pre-sale strategy and RFP response.
How you’ll contribute to our mission
The team plays an integral role in the ideation and development of sponsored marketing programs across theSkimm's product suite. As a Brand Strategy Manager, you will:
- Drive the development, ideation, and strategic thinking of best-in-class marketing solutions for theSkimm's strategic advertising partners
- Own the strategic platform for marketing programs and partner with internal teams, including Marketing, Editorial, Insights, Product, Social/Video, to ensure recommendations are smart and cohesive
- Provide quick and thoughtful packaging of strategic recommendations into smart, concise marketing collateral and proposals
- Attend client and agency meetings to learn about new initiatives, brainstorm and present recommendations
- Identify new/proactive opportunities and positioning for brand partners/verticals leveraging proprietary data and research
- Assist in the creation of ad hoc sales marketing materials that could include packages, product one-sheets, case studies, and best practices
You’re ready for this! Here’s a bit more about what we’re looking for
- 4+ years building cross-platform digital marketing programs
- Strategic, creative thinker with a proven track record of turning ideas into holistic content programs
- Excellent writing, proofreading and verbal communication skills
- Design-minded with the ability to create effective visual presentations
- Ability to work well with different stakeholders across the organization
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple deliverables
- Highly motivated self-starter that is extremely detail oriented
- Proficiency in Keynote
- Knowledge of theSkimm brand and our products
- Experience managing RFP pipeline and working with Sales, Insights, Creative, and Design teams
You may be asked to submit past work samples.
The expected annual base salary for this role is $105,000-$115,000. We’ll consider a variety of factors when determining the offered base salary including an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, abilities, experience, location, market demands, and internal parity.
Why our employees love working here
We are mission driven and values driven:
We are collectively building an impactful brand to empower generations of informed, confident women. Our vision is for every woman to have the info they need to navigate a complex world and the decisions in it. Every role has a purpose and allows us to provide useful information succinctly and contextualized. We tee her up to take action - whichever action is right for her, wherever she is.
We are values driven at every point - how we work, the way we work and our culture come straight from our core values. Each of us supports this incredible brand and takes part in its continued growth, fulfilling the needs of our audience each and every day.
We put you and your personal lives first - we have a generous benefits policy that demonstrates we are listening to what our employees need:
- Unlimited vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- Encouraged time off on your birthday and Skimm’versary
- A hybrid working model with flexibility for remote work
- Comprehensive insurance plans and commuter benefits
- Auto-enrollment into an Empower 401(k) plan starting on your first day and employer contribution available after one year of employment
- Rewards for every work anniversary
- One month paid sabbatical after your five year Skimm’versary as a full-time employee
We support our parents at all points on their journey:
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave (adoption, fostering and surrogacy included)
- Bereavement leave for pregnancy loss
- Phased return to work schedule availability
- Flexibility based on parental schedules
- Access to family building and fertility benefits
- Flexible and broad-scale child support program
Your well being is our priority:
- We honor Sacred Time in our workplace
- We have aligned company “time off” during the summer to truly allow for us all to break from our work at the same time
- We offer fitness membership reimbursement
- One Medical Membership is included with our benefits
We have a vibrant, collaborative, and supportive culture (we celebrate and have fun!):
- Weekly company updates led by our executive team
- Employee Resource Groups
- Annual employee award ceremony to celebrate individual accomplishments
- Clubs and activities designed to meet other employees like book clubs, new hire buddy programs, off-sites, and wellness focused classes
- Numerous culture events that enable our workforce, in the office and remote, to connect and have fun
Your career and development are a priority:
- Annual learning and development stipend
- LEAD@theSkimm, our leadership development program
- DEI initiatives to ensure we are the best partners and colleagues to each other
- Career development guidance and planning
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking, and diverse group of people building a media company that makes it easier to live smarter
Our story, Skimm’d
We are a digital media company, dedicated to succinctly giving women the information they need to make confident decisions. We make it easier to live smarter.
At our core, we are writers, editors, producers, designers, marketers, engineers, analysts, sellers, creatives, and strategists all working together to achieve this goal.
Every day we’re breaking down the news, trends, policies, and politics that impact women so that they can navigate their daily lives and futures – from managing their paychecks to casting their ballots – with confidence. We provide our dedicated audience of millions with reliable, non-partisan, information, informing and empowering them while fitting into their daily routines.
Since disrupting the media landscape and defining a new category a decade ago, we have become a trusted source for our audience of millions by seamlessly integrating into their existing routines, fundamentally changing the way they consume news and make decisions. Today theSkimm ecosystem includes the Daily Skimm, the Daily Skimm: Weekend, Skimm Money and Skimm Your Life newsletters, “9 to 5ish with theSkimm” podcast, theSkimm mobile app, and Skimm Studios which creates innovative in-house video and audio content. Our first book, How to Skimm Your Lifedebuted at #1 on The New York Times Best Seller list. Through Skimm Impact, our purpose-driven platform, we are proud to support get-out-the-vote efforts with Skimm Your Ballot, which has spurred more than one million voting-related actions across the last three election cycles, and its #ShowUsYourLeave movement, creating transparency and change for Paid Family Leave in the U.S.
Come join us!
Learn more about us and our other opportunities here.
What about the office?
This is a full-time role with flexibility for remote work.
Our office is available to use three days a week - Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. We have a hybrid environment and ask that employees within the New York Metro area come together in person a minimum of three days per month. All other days are up to the discretion of the employees during the three days a week that the office will be open.
We are continuing to closely monitor the state of COVID-19 in New York and will adjust this plan accordingly.
*Any correspondence from our team will come from a @theskimm.com email account!
Important Notice to Job Applicants residing in the State of California
Natural persons who reside in the State of California should review the Notice to California Residents (Job Applicants). You may have additional rights under California law.