Job Overview: 2-4 hrs per week to start and LOTS of room to grow!
Pay Rate: $19/hour
Healing Towards Wellness is a mental health non-profit located in the Kansas City area. We are looking for a social media manager who can lead content creation, marketing strategies and graphic design initiatives for various digital platforms. Our social media manager will be able to work off an existing design portfolio.
We are looking for someone who has a heart and passion for mental health, small businesses, and preferably experience with non-profits. We are looking for someone who understands current marketing strategies and social media trends. As this position involves event coverage, we are looking for someone with a flexible schedule, which may include occasional weekends.
Company Background and mission:
Healing Towards Wellness started in 2019 with the goal to provide affordable and accessible mental health care. As a company, we hope to bring change to the mental health sector by connecting more intentionally with the community, lowering staff turnover which is a common occurrence in nonprofit agencies and providing a safe, collaborative work environment.
“Healing Towards Wellness focuses on providing affordable and accessible mental health care in Kansas City by providing lower cost therapy options and creating a wrap around team for clients needing support around their emotional, physical and nutritional health.”
As a staff team member of Healing Towards Wellness your role includes:
- Creating monthly repurposed social media content (digital and print)
- Designing and executing social media strategies
- Monthly meetings with the executive director to plan upcoming months
- Working with a marketing strategist
- Attending and documenting board meetings
- Curating newsletters twice a month
- Social media coverage at events
Must be available for board meetings scheduled every other month and monthly meetings with the executive director. There are weekend and night obligations throughout the year.
Skills / Past Experience:
Must-Have Knowledge of and Experience with most but NOT all of these platforms...
- Graphic design experience (please have portfolio ready upon request)
- Experience with content creation for social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- A Bachelor's in / currently pursuing a Bachelor's in Marketing or Communications, or a related field
- Experience with Canva or Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with print and video content
- Ability to follow brand design guidelines
- Experience with website creation tools such as Squarespace (preferred)
- Experience with newsletter curation tools such as Mailchimp (preferred)
Soft Skills Needed
- Cultural competency
- Effective time management, planning, and organization
- Effective communication
- Attention to detail
This position is for you if...
- You LOVE social media! You don't just enjoy going on IG every now and then but you live for it
- You enjoy data and can dig into the analytics to see how we can make our client's accounts better
- You can create graphics (from templates provided by our designer) and know your way around Canva
- You're a wiz at hashtag research
- You have an enthusiasm for our mission and representing Healing Towards Wellness through a marketing lens.
- You speak up if you see a problem or realize there's a more efficient way. (You don't just make it work, you make it better!)
- You're organized and enjoy working in the details.
- You LOVE working with a team and thrive in a collaborative work environment. You understand that plans sometimes shift due to trends, cultural events and shifts in schedules like events.
- You know how to manage your time and work independently but also enjoy collaboration.
- You're resourceful meaning you know when to Google it but also know when to just ask for help.
Who this Job is NOT for:
**This position is NOT for you if**
- You're full of excuses on why you're missing deadlines.
- You aren’t active with social media.
- You DON'T take constructive criticism well.
- You don't have AMAZING attention to detail
- You tend to be last minute and have a "just get it done" attitude instead of "make it great."
- Client satisfaction and customer service is NOT a priority for you.