Freedman Consulting, LLC: Digital Content Associate, Bloomberg Cities Insights Unit
Washington, D.C. or New York City*
Freedman Consulting, LLC, a strategic consulting firm, seeks a skilled self-starter with strong social media and writing skills to join the Bloomberg Cities Insights Unit as a Digital Content Associate.
The Digital Content Associate will join a team of content and research professionals working in partnership with Bloomberg Philanthropies’ Government Innovation team to:
● Grow, educate, and activate a burgeoning global network of city hall leaders and innovators;
● Uncover, document, and elevate successful public-sector innovation strategies and skills; and
● Identify challenges and opportunities in the public-sector innovation movement.
The Digital Content Associate’s primary focus will be on developing and advancing the Insights Unit’s social media strategy as well as producing dynamic, engaging content for its digital platforms. The Digital Content Associate will also support the Insights Unit’s research and content development for its weekly Spark newsletter and other @BloombergCities platforms. This content will connect key stakeholders in municipal governments around the world with powerful insights from real-world government innovation successes, Bloomberg Philanthropies’ Government Innovation programming, and other important resources.
The Digital Content Associate will work closely with the Content Director of the Insights Unit and should be comfortable independently managing projects and working in a fast-paced environment, bring interest and enthusiasm in the field of public-sector innovation, and offer creative thinking for advancing the reach of the Insights Units’ content, particularly through leveraging its social media platforms. They will work across a broad range of content creation and social media initiatives within the Insights Unit, often in a client-facing capacity, and, in partnership with the Content Director, are responsible for planning social media content for the Insights Unit.
Freedman Consulting, LLC, offers strategic consulting services to foundations, nonprofit organizations, and public interest coalitions, partnering with many of the nation’s leading philanthropic institutions. Our work includes strategic planning and issue landscaping for major foundations, campaign advising and coordination for coalitions, and policy development for a variety of advocacy and political campaigns and spans topics including public-private partnerships, economic mobility, criminal justice reform, and technology policy.
Digital Content Associate Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities for the Digital Content Associate include:
● Drafting social media, blog posts, and other content highlighting the impact of city hall innovations in the lives of residents;
● Setting the strategic direction and goals for the social media program and developing a calendar of social media content and opportunities;
● Leading analysis of social media performance to drive content strategy and inform organizational decision-making;
● Preparing social media toolkits to support and amplify promotion of key announcements;
● Providing strategic communications and messaging insight, ensuring the substance and design of all materials meets the exacting standards of the client;
● Managing design and visual needs for multimedia storytelling including digital and graphic production, working with a designer and/or outside vendors as needed;
● Supporting, preparing for, and participating in client meetings, events, and presentations; and
● Tracking, providing updates, and maintaining records on social media campaigns, audience growth, user engagement, and content production.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
A bachelor’s degree is required and at least 1-3 years of previous communications, journalism, digital media, policy, consulting, and/or research-related experience is preferred. Applicants should have experience developing and writing content, managing/working on social media campaigns, and creating and editing digital media. Applicants should have an interest in public-sector innovation tools and practices. Experience with graphic design is a plus. Applicants must also possess excellent writing and analytical skills, creativity, attention to detail, and the ability to approach complex issues critically and strategically.
The expected salary range for this position is $65,000 - $70,000. Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience. To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to CA@tfreedmanconsulting.com
Freedman Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply. Freedman Consulting does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
*All Freedman Consulting employees based in Washington, D.C., follow a hybrid office policy. There are no in office requirements, in-office work is encouraged and determined by team managers. The firm’s hybrid policy values flexibility and seeks in person collaboration when it will be most beneficial in serving client, project team, or firm needs. If this employee is based in New York City, semi-regular travel to Washington, D.C., is expected.