Rate of Pay:
Assists the Communications Department with a variety of content, digital production and administrative duties related to communications and PR efforts for the annual OC Fair, year-round events, OC Fair & Event Center and its related entities and programs such as Centennial Farm and Heroes Hall. This is a seasonal position not to exceed 122 days.
This document in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
- Conducts research using online data and internal information
- When assigned, writes content for digital communications, newsletters, social media and websites
- Shoots and edits photos and video for various platforms
- Writes and updates calendar listings as assigned
- Assists with social media efforts as assigned by shooting photography, videography and drafting posts for review
- Supports communications projects as assigned by performing tasks including uploading visual assets, tagging and organizing print and visual data, streamlining files, data entry and administrative tasks such as logging information
- Updates databases, website sections and various types of lists as assigned
- Escorts media representatives when directed
- Answers, responds to, or forwards telephone calls and email
- Assists walk-in traffic to the office, including department employees, other organizational employees, business partners, guests and/or patrons by taking messages, answering basic questions and fulfilling department requests
- Maintains records and files as directed
- Performs computer data input and generates reports as requested
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid CA driver’s license.
- Photography and videography skills on both desktop and mobile required
- Good writing and communication skills necessary
- Computer skills and demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel required
- Must be proficient in social media etiquette and demonstrate the ability to successfully post on all social media channels
- Ability to successfully handle and prioritize multiple tasks required
- Excellent customer service and teamwork skills necessary
- Ability to work outside the normal business day/week as demanded by events and programs
- Writing samples requested; a writing test will be administered during the interview process
- Communications or Journalism experience/education preferred
- Experience working in a professional office environment preferred
- Newsletter content experience desired
- Website content experience preferred
- Internet research experience desired
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and must constantly use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The successful candidate will work in a fast-paced environment at indoor and outdoor locations, in all types of weather. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet, however louder noise levels may be experienced while working in an outdoor location, or while in exhibit buildings and structures.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.