Who is hyperscope?
hyperscope is a b2b digital media company developing and operating media brands in numerous industries. We engage millions of passionate professionals revert month by delivering entertaining, informative, industry-specific content across a variety of digital channels. Our advertisers are leading industrial brands that want to connect with our audiences. We work closely with them to create innovative and effective media programs that deliver value to the audience, enabling deeper connections, enhancing brand perception, and fostering business opportunity.
We believe that B2B media should not be boring. Whether that’s through an Instagram story, a curated e-newsletter, a forum thread or a TikTok we believe that effective media reaches people on the platforms they prefer, engages them with innovative formats and always speaks the audience’s language.
We’re having fun, growing fast and consistently delivering innovative media solutions and unmatched performance.
About the role
Reports to: Manager of Audience and Media
We are looking for a proactive Videographer to help us expand our thriving video content production practice. While shooting and editing original content are going to be the bread and butter for the position, we are seeking someone excited to contribute to the creative vision, proactive about improving our content operations and enthusiast about keeping abreast and sharing latest trends on video content production and distribution.
What you will do
Original Concepting and pre-production planning – 20%
You will work with the Manager of Audience and Media to ideate new video series, draft scripts and storyboards for original content and support pre-production planning to bring those ideas to life.
- Concepting original content ideas for different digital channels, both short and long-form.
- Support script development shot list, and storyboarding when necessary.
- Support production calendar development.
- Support the Content producer in scoping production needs and game-plan (gears; timing; back-up plans; etc.)
Shooting and editing – 50% of time
You will be shooting in a field-style environment, sometimes involving digital live broadcasting. You will then edit and work with content producer to finalize video content.
- Responsible for on-location shooting, including video and audio equipment preparation and setup.
- Independently edit first drafts based on brand tone and content concept. Review and finalize together with content producer.
- Edit User Generated Content submissions to maximize exposure and engagement.
- Create and add simple motion graphics for title sequences and graphics overlays.
Video practice operations –15%
You will help us systemize winning and efficient processes, organize our content archive, and keep track of our production gear inventory.
- Regularly review video production technology (hardware and software) trends and make recommendations based on current needs and/or upcoming projects.
- Organize and maintain footage archive and catalog to simplify search and access across footage library.
- Work with content producer on introducing and updating planning documents such as production checklists, calendar templates, etc.
Support video distribution across multiple digital channels – 15% of time
You will help us ensure that, once produced, our video content will be packaged and distributed according to best practice to maximize reach and views.
- Draft video titles and descriptions for YouTube
- Create compelling thumbnails
- Upload video content on multiple platform and schedule distribution
- Produce promotional teasers and trailers
- Repurpose video segments and snippets to support specific channels (TikTok videos, IG Stories, etc.)
What we have to offer
- The opportunity to make an impact and grow: We are a small, creative, dedicated and quickly growing team. You will be joining us at a time of growth and will have the opportunity to influence and shape our media organization.
- Unlimited sick and vacation time: And trust us, unlimited means UNLIMITED.
- Annual learning credit: Want to learn something new? We'll pay for it.
- Flexible work arrangements: We operate on a hybrid office/remote model. We currently work at the office Mondays and Thursdays and work remotely the rest of the week.
- 401(k) employer match: Helping you be ready for the future in the present.
- Premium healthcare, dental and vision partially covered by employer: We want to make getting sick less awful.
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, interested in digital marketing and with demonstrated experience planning, shooting, and editing original video content. Someone always looking for opportunities to learn and improve for themselves and the team they work with. A curious and inquisitive mind that can develop and execute creative solutions with attention to detail.
Required Skills & Experience
- 2 to 3 years of experience in similar role
- A strong passion for cinematography and video content production for digital media distribution
- Interest and familiarity with social media platforms and trends (Experience producing video specifically for social media preferred but not required)
- Strong proficiency in either Premiere Pro or Final Cut
- Some experience with motion graphics (advanced a plus)
- Knowledgeable with gimbal stabilizers, gimbal balancing, vehicle rigging (bonus)
- Strong sense of composition, camera movement, and lighting
- Ability to work on deadline, communicate issues in real time, and operate as a part of a true team.