$63,960 - $97,240 annually.
About The Position
Do you thrive on building a first class culture in a leading-edge organization? If yes, we are looking for you. The Training and Partnering Branch Manager at the Maricopa County Department of Transportation is looking for a thought leader to implement our award-winning employee development program, lead our internal communications and support our Transportation Improvement Projects Partnering Program. This position interacts with a diverse range of employees and stakeholders ranging from Maintenance Crews to Engineering and Construction Professionals.
We value your time. The time with your family. The time you spend on the road. And the time you spend making a difference. At the Maricopa County Department of Transportation (MCDOT), we provide connections that improve people's lives. By combining innovative technologies with the vast talent of our employees, we plan for future needs and operate a transportation system with the community in mind. Are you interested in contributing to the community in which you work, live, and play? Then join our team and help us build connections.
Proud to Offer
- Work with a greater purpose
- Opportunities for growth and development within Maricopa County
- Tuition reimbursement
- Exceptional work-life balance, with hybrid and alternative work schedule options
- Low-cost, high-value healthcare for you and your qualifying dependents
- Enrollment in Arizona State Retirement System
- Paid vacation, sick, and parental (birth/adoption) leaves
- Extensive wellness program, including healthcare premium discounts
- Employee discounts for goods and services
- Learn more at maricopa.gov/5284/Why-Work-Here
- A Bachelor's degree in human resources, communications, public administration or a closely related four-year degree.
- At least three years of progressive employee training.
- At least three years supervisory experience.
- Equivalent combinations of employee training, education, and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be considered.
We Also Value
- At least three years of internal communications experience.
- Experience with learning management systems, curriculum creation software, graphic design software and excel.
- Design, implement, manage employee training, professional development, employee engagement programs and partnering opportunities, which include but is not limited to MCDOT’s mentoring, leadership academy, employee recognition, internship program, On the Job Training, software and program training, and project partnering facilitation to department staff of all levels.
- Review program progress and report to management to ensure department needs are met.
- Continuously support the department’s culture through internal communications and engagement activities by planning, developing and implementing all internal communications including but not limited to internal newsletter, Director’s messages, All Hands meeting, networking events and the introduction of department-wide programs.
- Provide support to senior management to deliver training or professional development needed as identified from the employee engagement survey or senior management recommendation.
- Coordinate, implement and manage the MCDOT New Employee Welcome program. Oversee the employee engagement surveys and work with senior management regarding implementing recommendations from survey outcomes.
- Conduct needs assessment, evaluate programs, establish priorities and recommend programs to meet department needs.
- Coordinate and/or deliver training for MCDOT staff, stakeholders, consultants and contractors regarding MCDOT’s Partnering program. Facilitate Partnering, employee engagement and continuous improvement workshops as necessary, including feedback sessions and process mapping exercises.
- Monitor the Partnering on-call facilitators to ensure consistent workshop presentation, reports and measurements and Manage the Partnering Program, including facilitation and training contracts.
- Exerting 20-25 lbs. occasionally, 10-25 lbs. frequently, or up to 10 lbs. constantly.
- Position is typically office or administrative work and is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
- May be subjected to extreme temperatures, wetness/humidity, respiratory hazards and noise and vibration.
- May be subjected to moving mechanical parts, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, poor, ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting, workspace restrictions, intense noises, and travel.
- The work will occur in an office and field environment. While performing the duties & responsibilities the employee maybe exposed to loud noise, noxious odors, unsanitary conditions, chemicals, electricity, moving mechanical parts, varying weather conditions, and other related conditions and situations. Position is subject to atmospheric conditions: Fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
- Only the most qualified candidates will be considered
- Consideration will only be given to candidates who submit online applications
- Candidates will be contacted primarily through email and their Workday online application profile
- Must pass a pre-employment background and/or fingerprint investigation as required by statute or policy, including drug and alcohol testing requirements for positions designated as safety-sensitive
Maricopa County is an equal opportunity employer.