The Nuclear Energy Institute is looking for a creative writer to translate complex issues into compelling content that moves audiences to action. The manager should be fluent in the fundamentals of storytelling and passionate about shifting perceptions of nuclear through multi-platform content.
The manager will lead the development and writing of compelling content, including brainstorming creative approaches and messaging with colleagues and then transforming these ideas into accessible and persuasive content.
The manager enjoys the challenge of applying NEI’s voice with the appropriate tone to generate customized content for an array of formats aimed at specific audiences—including weekly blog posts, a weekly newsletter, executive speech writing, talking points, email marketing, video content, website copy, and more. The manager will work to align content within the framework of NEI’s greater mission, strategy and priorities.
- Author a weekly blog post to translate important, larger narratives into an easy to digest and easy to share piece of content.
- Contribute to executive speechwriting, including writing speeches and talking points, as well as creating attention-grabbing presentations.
- As editor of a weekly newsletter, leads team of content creators in framing the Nuclear Narrative through weekly stories. This includes the planning, development and editing of multimedia content, as well as release and promotion. This team strives to inform and engage target audiences with real-time, relevant content.
- Create content for long-term projects including video products, long-form written pieces, website pages, e-newsletters and email campaigns.
- Focus on proactive storytelling across digital platforms.
- Counsel team members and colleagues across the organization on best practices in persuasive writing and multi-platform storytelling.
- Use insights drawn from data to inform writing and content decisions.
- Provide backup support for fellow content team members as needed. Such activities could include creating daily social content, attending meetings, posting website content, producing analytics reports and providing strategic counsel to colleagues.
- Work closely with colleagues across NEI to ensure alignment on messaging and content approach.
- Minimum three - five years of experience writing and editing for multiple platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, English or public relations.
- Interest in climate and energy.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must demonstrate the ability to write persuasively, quickly and accurately in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills to develop accurate, credible and persuasive representation of NEI positions.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, and ability to juggle multiple projects, work independently, keep track of short- and long-term priorities, and meet deadlines reliably.
- Proficiency in multimedia communications platforms and tools, including email, website, social media, advertising and video.
- Ability to work well with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficiency using a range of operating systems, digital platforms and apps. Working knowledge of various software including content management systems, preferably Kentico.