Outdoors.com with Bear Grylls is seeking a creative, engaging and experienced full-time Digital Producer with proven writing and social media skills to join our editorial team to write SEO-driven and trending content, publish social content, build and engage social audiences and present social video content as needed.
The Trending Content Digital Producer has two main functions within the site’s editorial team:
- Cover the outdoors with high-value, high-reach and high-search written content, designed to attract and retain new audiences.
- Distribute top editorial content on social channels (captions, photo selection, engagement posts, light editing and on-camera videos as necessary) to reach and discover new audiences.
A successful candidate is passionate about producing high-quality content that drives engagement and brand awareness. This person must be a flexible, cross-functional team player comfortable working in a fast-paced environment that will provide them with the creative outlet to let their talent shine.
The job is based in Nashville, TN at our headquarters in Germantown with the opportunity to be remote.
- Create SEO-optimized and trending editorial content for our website and social media channels.
- Produce engaging and shareable memes, videos, and other multimedia content.
- Handle social media posting and engagement across various platforms.
- Produce on-camera Instagram reels and other video content as needed.
- Assist with the creation and curation of our newsletter.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and social media best practices to ensure our content remains fresh and relevant.
- Collaborate with the editorial team to brainstorm and execute new content ideas.
- Identify opportunities to repurpose existing content across multiple platforms.
- Help reduce the need for freelance writers and content creators.
- Other editorial and social duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years of experience in content creation and social media management.
- Proven track record of creating engaging multimedia content that resonates with a variety of audiences.
- Advanced knowledge on social metrics, algorithm, trends and analytics.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and ability to write optimized content.
- Experience writing engagement-focused content (quizzes, lists, etc).
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite or similar design software.
- Comfortable in front of the camera and proficient in producing on-camera content
- Familiarity with email marketing and newsletter creation tools.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Have knowledge of Content Management Systems, CMS. (e.g. WordPress)
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with little daily supervision.
- Ability to work/write quickly and efficiently—including several news articles and features daily.
- A meticulous approach to their work and an eye for detail.
- Ability to effectively communicate through project management tools, including Asana and Slack.
- Weekend and evening hours are required.