The Branch seeks to hire a part-time Researcher to support the production of The Branch’s Citizen Stewart Show and other programs and research projects. The ideal candidate is an established researcher with a deep understanding of education policy and current social and cultural trends in news and media.
- Research and fact-check segments for the “Citizen Stewart Show”, the Imbroglio newsletter, and other programs as needed.
- Monitor and pitch trending and unique stories in news, education, culture, and social media.
- Alignment with The Branch’s values and beliefs.
- A heterodox set of views, a thick skin for robust debate and disagreement, and a burning curiosity.
- A+ researcher who can find unique and untold stories.
- A news and ideas obsessive who enjoys engaging with the issues of the day.
- Self-starter and quick learner who will take initiative and finish tasks to completion.
- Ideally 2+ years of journalism experience.
This position is fully remote and offers a start at $30 per hour. The needs for this role may evolve over time but candidates can expect to work no more than 10 hours per week.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com