The Georgia Senior Living Association, Inc. (GSLA) is seeking an energetic, self-starting Manager of Communications & Events to join our organization. GSLA is a 501(c)6 member-based trade association for senior living providers and industry partners in Georgia and is the source of education, advocacy, and partnerships for its members. GSLA is committed to excellence while being a personal, relational, and valuable resource to the industry.
Our successful Manager of Communications & Events candidate is our chief storyteller, responsible for creating, implementing, and measuring the success of the comprehensive marketing, communications, public relations, and events programs that enhance GSLA’s image, brand, and position in the industry. Often referred to as a marketing & impressions position, the Manager of Communications & Events will focus on outward-facing communications and event logistics. The goal of this role is grounded in forwarding the mission and values of the Association.
Partnering with colleagues in the Association-wide planning of projects, member recruitment, and retention, this non-exempt, full-time position is an active member of a highly collaborative and responsible team.
We are looking for an innovative and detail-oriented candidate who can see the whole picture in a busy Association. Proven excellence as a written and visual communicator is essential, and a desire to grasp our industry's distinctive growth through data is vital. This is not a typical marketing position - and is not based on a sales platform.
Candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, and at least three references to be contacted no later than Friday, April 21 to email@example.com. Please use the subject line: Manager of Communications & Events. **Candidates MUST live in the state of Georgia and should be prepared to share work samples or portfolios.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain the Association’s web presence and voice, including website and all social media platforms. Create and keep a current content and content calendar. Assist in formulating strategies to build personal, relational, and engaging digital connections with members and potential members.
- Write, edit, and update content for the communication and promotion of the organization, its programs, and members; plan communication and content based on targeted audiences; coordinate resources; build organizational awareness and ensure accuracy, quality, and timeliness of communications. Create and edit copy for membership emails, event communication, newsletter, and various articles and letters.
- Work with President to maintain a comprehensive marketing and outreach plan.
- Work with President and internal stakeholders to manage all meeting and event design and logistics (board and committee meetings, education and partnership events, annual conference, etc.).
- Work with internal stakeholders to create branded materials and collateral for education, advocacy, sponsorship, and member recruitment/retention.
- Work with internal stakeholders to maintain member database; enter data and create reports, as needed.
- Represent the Association to the public at events and annual conference.
- Ensure all Board Meeting minutes are appropriately approved, recorded, and filed.
- Additional responsibilities as requested by the President to help the Association align with its goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Event Management, or related field preferred.
- 4-7 years of experience in a social media management, marketing, communications, or public relations role with demonstrated success. Ideally, within a non-profit, association, or educational environment. Senior living experience may also be considered.
- Demonstrates comprehensive and successful experience managing a corporate social-sphere presence, including website management, production of digital and print materials, publications, and content, writing press releases and articles, making presentations, and negotiating with media.
- Experience managing large-scale, high-profile corporate events.
- Experience developing and managing budgets. Aptitude for precise documentation; able to handle financial transactions and arrangements accurately.
- Georgia residency is required.
- Technologically savvy with proven ability to learn new software programs.
- Superior oral and written communication and proofreading skills are required.
- Organized and detail-oriented problem-solving skills are necessary.
- Must be able to work simultaneously on multiple tasks and projects and be able to set priorities, meet deadlines, and communicate the process with others.
- Innovative and creative thinker.
- Must be able to work independently, as well as part of a team, in a positive, flexible, and collaborative manner.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills over the phone and in person; upbeat and friendly.
- Competitive compensation based on the candidate’s experience. 401K, Health, Vision, Dental, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Work from home virtual workspace with in-person team meetings and Association events occurring at least 2-4 times a month.
- Paid time off and holidays
- An opportunity to be in a positive environment where you are a valued member of a collaborative team.