We’re looking for a Content Development & Digital Communications Manager to join our team!
The Vinyl Institute, a U.S. trade association based in Washington, DC, currently has an opening for Content Development & Digital Communications Manager to create, write, curate, implement, and manage marketing communications activities and projects for our dynamic organization. If you have 3 to 5 years of experience in communications, (agency, political campaign, and or association experience a plus) and are looking for a valuable full-time career opportunity, consider applying today.
We have a hybrid work environment where we’re in our DC office Tuesday through Thursday each week, and we work from home Mondays and Fridays.
What You Will Do:
- Implement communications programs that effectively describe and promote the benefits and value of vinyl/PVC.
- Manage and maintain an editorial calendar and ensure all digital properties are fresh, current, and engaging.
- Write the bi-weekly member e-newsletter – creating and curating content and maintaining distribution channels
- Identify, develop, and write stories about people, places, and innovations in the industry that can be shared across digital channels.
- Implement the organization’s social media strategy, including creating social media posts, leveraging existing social media channels and blogs, and implementing and managing paid digital campaigns.
- Maintain websites including cross-linking content, updating content, and coordinating with the search engine optimization team.
- Write and implement email campaigns
- Manage and update distribution lists
- Provide team support with virtual and in-person events including setting up online CVENT event registration, helping with virtual event production, and coordinating speaker logistics
- Attend, participate, and help manage in-person event logistics for sponsorships and member events -- US-based travel may be required (less than 10%)
Desired Skills, Experience & Eligibility:
- Three to five years of work experience in communications (political campaign and or association experience a plus!)
- Experience as a writer. The successful candidate will write original articles, press releases, blogs, social media posts, and marketing documents
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Ability to commute to Washington, DC, 3 days a week (office is Metro-accessible and parking is available on-site)
- Successful track record of previous experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in social and digital communication for an organization as evidenced by examples of online social media engagement, digital email campaigns, newsletters, blog posts, and other communications
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational and time management skills with the ability to run multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability as a resourceful, self-motivated, creative, and results-oriented colleague through experience in working as part of a team
- Accountable with timely follow-up and keen attention to detail
- Working knowledge of some of the applications and technologies – Sprout Social, CVENT, Spark Influence, Adobe Illustrator, Cision, WordPress, Canva, Excel, Adobe Illustrator, PowerPoint, etc is a plus!
- An Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
What We Offer:The Vinyl Institute is an equal-opportunity employer. You will receive a comprehensive salary commiserate with experience as well as benefits including:
· 401K with match
· Health, dental, and life insurance
· Paid vacation and sick leave
· Paid metro or parking at the work location
· Access to a 24/7 fitness center at the work location
· Career experience in an innovative, cutting-edge work environment