As the Jr. Copywriter for the Content Team, you will be responsible for producing original copy for a variety of clients across multiple forms, ranging from paid social ads and display banners to blogs, websites, and marketing collateral. This position reports directly to the Content Team Manager, and regularly interacts with Account Managers and Leads from various departments to perform daily tasks. The ideal candidate must be a creative writer with excellent grammar skills, a great listener who is open to training and feedback, adept at following very specific directions, and comfortable switching between different voices for specific brands and audiences on a daily basis.Responsibilities
Required Education And Experience
- Create and/or edit compelling original content for a wide variety of copywriting tasks, including but not limited to: banner ads, paid social ads, blogs, websites, newsletter content, email campaigns, and marketing content.
- Working directly with the Content Manager, Account Managers, Graphic Designers, Clients and other internal and external groups to ensure all tasks are completed on time, and any issues affecting deliverability are clearly communicated.
- Some projects will require on-page SEO. While some SEO experience is preferred, training can be provided.
- Stay up to date on current ad trends/best practices.
- Keep track of all assignments within Tracking Program, including documenting time.
- Ensure all copy is delivered on time and meets both agency and client standards.
- Edit and perform requested edits submitted by internal teams and/or clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English or Creative Writing preferred
- Minimum 1 year of experience at an ad agency and/or creating content for multiple brands and clients
- Ability to write engaging copy in different brand voices for different types of audiences
- Excellent research, grammar, and writing/editing skills
- Experience with Google docs, Word, and Excel preferred
- Knowledge of best practices for on-page SEO (or willingness to learn)
- Experience with task tracking software preferred
- Strong time management skills
- Strong listener who can follow precise directions
- Exceptional interpersonal/communication skills
- Ability to work on large volume of copywriting tasks and prioritize deadlines
- Ability to handle constructive criticism and feedback from internal and external teams
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, and able to effectively work remotely while still part of a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks concurrently and deliver results under pressure
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively interface with all levels and departments on a formal, informal, written and verbal basis