Founded by Susan Honey Good, Honey Good is a lifestyle brand for women over 50 that offers support, inspiration, and advice to help women live their best life. Honey Good, an influencer, is actively seeking the right candidate to help Honey Good grow. Working directly with the founder and a close-knit team, the Editorial Director will be dedicated to helping Honey Good become the premiere online magazine for women over 50.
The right candidate is an independent thinker with big vision and the dedication to bring growth to Honey Good through a multi-faceted content strategy. Experience with SEO is a must. Experience with newsletter strategy is a bonus.
Honey Good’s Editorial Director will be responsible for creating and implementing a robust content strategy, including an SEO overhaul of the website, as well as managing the day-to-day operations of an editorial calendar packed with top-performing content designed to drive traffic to Honey Good.
The Editorial Director at Honey Good’s duties will include:
- Implement onboarding and structure for paid freelance writers
- Outreach to increase diverse voices among women 50+
- Maintain correspondence with active Contributor Network (unpaid)
- Manage all pitches
- Edit, approve, and publish approved articles on the site
- Brainstorm with the CEO and other members of the team for new content verticals
- Identify and seek out topics for articles and posts based on trends, brainstorms, and metrics
- Establish and maintain an editorial style guide based on the Honey Good brand voice
- Create a robust content calendar that balances evergreen and seasonal/timely stories
- Manage newsletter content
- Build and send newsletters in flodesk
- Work with marketing to determine how to increase open rates, using data and vision to increase audience growth
- Brainstorm subject lines and headlines to increase open rates and click-through rates
- Work with sales to oversee the creation of custom-branded content for campaigns, including in-house writing and freelancing
- Work with the Social Media team to ensure all social channels maintain Honey Good editorial brand standards
- Ensure brand voice is upheld across all touchpoints of the company
- Implement an SEO strategy to increase traffic to the site, including auditing existing content and creating new content using best SEO practices such as keyword research and comparable articles
- Investigate and stay educated on trends and changes in SEO best practices and other metric-driven content
- With the marketing to assess and implement an affiliate plan to help increase revenue
- Work closely with the CEO to acquire new team members dedicated to upholding Honey Good’s mission to empower women over 50
- Strategize with the CEO to achieve growth goals
- Work with the CEO in an editorial capacity on other products, including books
The job is remote, and the schedule is flexible. We require one all-team meeting every Tuesday at 11 a.m. CST but candidates are otherwise expected to maintain a productive schedule and be available for meetings as needed.
The role is part-time contract but can expand to full-time for the right candidate. We’re looking for someone who can bring their skills and passion for content to a unique website aimed at improving the lives of women over 50.