SOCIAL MEDIA & CONTENT LEAD - 3-month contract (20-25 hrs/ per week)
As the first black-owned, U.S.-made plant-based hair extensions brand, we are revolutionizing hair extensions with more comfort and less waste. Made from naturally extracted banana fiber, braidbetter is itch-free, non-toxic, and biodegradable after use. We strive for better in everything we do by equally prioritizing the well-being of our customers and the environment.
We’re a lean team looking to bring in a strong storyteller eager to drive our content & social strategy. The ideal candidate will have a mastery of both short- and long-form copywriting (think: posts, captions, blogs, etc) and can partner with creators to translate our different brand pillars (culture, beauty, sustainability) into compelling brand stories. This candidate will partner closely with the brand team to develop a content strategy across marketing channels (email/blog/social/web) that keeps our community invested in what we have to say. Rebundle is an early-stage startup, so we’re looking for someone who can thrive in an unstructured environment and can also execute on their vision.
The Social Media & Content Lead is a contract opportunity with the potential to become full-time. This role reports to the Sr Brand Manager.
- Be the voice of Rebundle by partnering with the brand team to define the tone & voice guidelines that you will ensure is followed consistently across marketing channels (email/social/customer service/blog).
- Define the Editorial & Posting Calendar that determines the content priorities for the company - You will curate the UGC we share, determine the cross-platform editorial content themes we produce, and organize the sponsored content naturally into the posting calendar.
- Own social KPIs including growth of our social accounts, traffic that our socials drive to our website, and of our email newsletter subscribers from social.
- Develop the Bundle Babes brand ambassador program by continuing to shape the program terms & UGC deliverables.
- Community Management and growth by nurturing our highly engaged Rebundle community on socials–primarily Instagram and TikTok.
- Create content for editorial features, as well as reviews, and curates the UGC content submitted by our community (Bundle Babes) to us on social media / directly uploaded to our website.
- Define the social and content strategy for Rebundle on Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter–test, learn and pivot as needed
- Organize cultural moments Rebundle will promote, and work across teams to source creators for cultural moments.
- Keep a pulse on trends, cultural/global conversations, and the changing social landscape
- Act as the lead for social & brand voice gut-checks / audits
- Review all UGC posts and give approvals + alternates for Instagram(s) and TikTok
- Create all captions and headnotes on site
- Posting calendar oversight
- Review posts as they go live
- Provide feedback on videos created in-house
- Help to integrate the Social, Braider Network, and Affiliate/Influencer program to build a stronger creator network.
- Experience writing for a consumer-facing lifestyle brand, beauty & wellness is a plus
- Experience writing for and owning projects with a variety of stakeholders
- Clearly communicate creative and copy rationale to cross-functional teams and stakeholders; be open to their feedback
- Ability to deep dive a complex topic and turn it into everyday consumer language
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Dedication to publishing content that enhances Rebundle’s relevance, cultural credibility, and reputation
- Ability to set priorities and juggle competing demands
- Experience managing freelance copywriters and owning a content budge
- Basic knowledge of SEO is a plus
- Startup experience is also a plus