Social Media Content & Community Manager
We are in need of a Social Media & Content Manager position. This person will own content and postings for four brands and manage agencies that partner with us in media, as well. There is potential for the position to grow in the future to encompass influencers. This is a new position for our organization
MUST HAVE- the 4-5 years of experience, we’re not looking for someone who is a director level
Preferred: experience with consumer products brand
Previous content creation
- Content Creator/Social Media Manager will be responsible for leading all content creation and management across organic marketing channels including social media for retail brands and corporate brand
- Works with the Brand managers and agency to develop a cohesive owned content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term marketing objectives.
- Personally ideates, plans, and executes daily social content from end-to-end including concepting, calendar management and may also include some copywriting, recording, photography for owned channels as needed across main platforms including but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, SnapChat, Pinterest, YouTube.
- Creates and owns a monthly content calendar across social media platforms, website, blog, and newsletter, ensuring integration to national media campaigns.
- Proactively manages the internal content approval process, partnering with marketing, legal, sustainability, regulatory and creative services to ensure deadlines are met. This includes internal legal and agency recommendations for influencers and content.
- Serves as the internal social media expert for the company, staying up to date on content/social media best practices and trends, bringing ideas and recommendations to the team as well as recommendations for influencer programs.
- Analyzes and presents performance of organic social content and incorporate insights into future content decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum four years’ experience as a content creator/social media manager, preferably for a consumer products brand
- Prior experience writing copy for social media
- Proficiency in social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and LinkedIn and content management platforms such as Hootsuite or equivalent
- Highly organized with ability to plan and manage multiple priorities and deliver assignments on time
- High degree of integrity including ability to successfully deal with sensitive or confidential information
- Highly flexible and adaptable – willing and able to travel upon request to special events, company activities or industry tradeshows
- Collaborative team player with a positive attitude
- Strong sense of urgency
- Ability to work effectively in a hybrid work environment (self-starter, responsive, comfortable with remote meeting/collaboration tools such as Teams and Slack)
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of most commonly used business systems and software applications in addition to Windows Office and how these systems relate to business processes.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
- Work Environment : The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.